'Sex Worker' not 'Prostitute', PC gone mad

So many prostitutes are addicts. If they were able to obtainly their drugs at the pharmacy cheaply or on prescription they wouldn't need to sell themselves would they?

But they can get and are offered help, so what's your point?

What's wrong with calling them 'sex workers'? They work selling sex; it isn't a false statement.

According to our local paper, most of them are drawing social security and

working on the side, illegal.

So many prostitutes are addicts. If they were able to obtainly their drugs at the pharmacy cheaply or on prescription they wouldn't need to sell themselves would they?
but not all prostitutes are addicts .so the idea that you clean the addicts up and prostitution will cease :loopy:not thought this through very well me thinks

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking as a former 'Sex Worker', I would say that the word Prostitute is a word with much stigma attached to it. A lot of the women that work in saunas around Sheffield are not addicts, but are infact women that have empowered themselves to make the decison to be a professional sex worker. Some girls would earn £400 a day from seeing many clients. After a while, it just becomes the norm, another day at the office! You don't even realise nor register how many people you have had sex with. The emotional attachment is taken out. Call us prostitutes, sex workers or whores. At the end of the day, if a woman chooses to do that because she enjoys sex, she is good at it and likes the money, as I did, then more power to her.

Ps. I left the profession 3 years ago but never once regretted my time.

Speaking as a former 'Sex Worker', I would say that the word Prostitute is a word with much stigma attached to it. A lot of the women that work in saunas around Sheffield are not addicts, but are infact women that have empowered themselves to make the decison to be a professional sex worker. Some girls would earn £400 a day from seeing many clients. After a while, it just becomes the norm, another day at the office! You don't even realise nor register how many people you have had sex with. The emotional attachment is taken out. Call us prostitutes, sex workers or whores. At the end of the day, if a woman chooses to do that because she enjoys sex, she is good at it and likes the money, as I did, then more power to her.

Ps. I left the profession 3 years ago but never once regretted my time.

What made you leave?

My partner couldnt handle it at the time, I wanted a ''normal'' job with a regular wage. I paid tax as we were 'self employed massage therapists' but because of my relationship, I felt very pressured into leaving (despite the money I earnt supporting my partner who leeched off me at the time for thousands!). I miss it a lot, and especially the girls I worked with. But my life has moved on :)

Archived