Wildlife getting killed on our roads.

I drive on country lanes to work and NEVER hit anything!:suspect

The rabbit was about 7 years ago and the squirrel and pheasant both in the last year. Nobody would have avoided any of them. Well maybe the rabbit as I tried to avoid it and it shot the other way so still got run over. That was a bit unlucky.

I once knew someone who hit a pheasant, however, the pheasant was still alive, but slightly injured. She picked up the pheasant by it's head and violently swung it around to break it's neck. Not sure if she took it home to put in the pot?!

Apart from the rabbit, I also have knocked down a dog. The thing was wondering across a dark country lane. I hit the damn thing and thougt I had killed it. It wasn't until I went up to it that I realised it was still alive. Anyhow, the damn thing limped off into the darkness and I was left with a £1200 bill for the damage it had created. Nice :)

Bet that would have looked weird if plod came along!

Bet that would have looked weird if plod came along!

Surely it's the humane thing to do, if it was quick and relatively painless compared to it crawling away and dying over a period of time? I got my cat Ginger PTS last year for exactly the same reason. She hadn't been hit by a car but was going to die a horrid drawn out death from what we think was kidney failure if I didn't :(

There are pheasants near where I work but fortunately I've not hit any yet. They do have a tendency to run in front of cars.

When driving, the highway code says you should not stop or swerve if an animal runs in front of you. It can cause an accident. If you are going to stop or swerve, make sure you check you mirrors and don't endanger yourself or other road users.

I believe if you hit a dog, you must report it to the police.

The rabbit was about 7 years ago and the squirrel and pheasant both in the last year. Nobody would have avoided any of them. Well maybe the rabbit as I tried to avoid it and it shot the other way so still got run over. That was a bit unlucky.

Hmmmm. It is happening a little regularly for my liking! Have you thought about going to anger management groups for training instead of taking your venim out on our wildlife?

Hmmmm. It is happening a little regularly for my liking! Have you thought about going to anger management groups for training instead of taking your venim out on our wildlife?

Busted. I kick cats for fun too! :sad:

Archived