Wildlife getting killed on our roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organgrinder

Sheffield - "Unsuitable For Motor Vehicles"

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/index2.htm

Sounds like your suitability for motor vehicles is questionable too.

Why's that?

You seem to think that your vehicle is a weapon for the sole purpose of killing wildlife.

Can't think of any sort of "vermin" except man, who does any harm to this planet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Organgrinder

Sounds like your suitability for motor vehicles is questionable too.

Why's that?

You seem to think that your vehicle is a weapon for the sole purpose of killing wildlife.

Can't think of any sort of "vermin" except man, who does any harm to this planet.

Hmmm, so because I won't brake for the odd pigeon, that leads you to conclude that I drive my car for the sole purpose of killing wildlife? Are you for real?

im an animal lover, when i was being taught to drive i was always told that you should never ever try to avoid missing any animal that might stray onto a road!!!dont matter wether its a bird,badger, or dog cat anything because all you do when you try and avoid it is putting yourself, passengers and other road and pedestrian users in danger, so if any animal strays in front of your car its safer all round to run it over, put it this way if a cat ran in front of you while you were driving and you swerved to avoid it and ran a child over on the pavement how would you feel?

Because they're vermin, I never slow down for pigeons. If they're going to strut around in the road expecting me to slow down for them, they've another thing coming, my tyres to be exact.

Yes - That's how your original post sounds to me.

im an animal lover, when i was being taught to drive i was always told that you should never ever try to avoid missing any animal that might stray onto a road!!!dont matter wether its a bird,badger, or dog cat anything because all you do when you try and avoid it is putting yourself, passengers and other road and pedestrian users in danger, so if any animal strays in front of your car its safer all round to run it over, put it this way if a cat ran in front of you while you were driving and you swerved to avoid it and ran a child over on the pavement how would you feel?

We all know what the highway code says but nobody mentioned swerving to miss them.

I was referring to mj.scuba's original post where he wouldn't even slow down and seemed to take delight that they were going to meet his tyres.

If it's possible to avoid killing something by just slowing down, for instance and without taking drastic driving measures then, of course, any animal lover would say, it should be avoided.

its the ones that fail the animal survival course that you see on the country lanes for instance

daddy hedgehog says to his son " tonight im going to show you how to cross a road in safety,follow my every word and you will make it to the other side "

daddy hedgehog waits till he sees two headlight aproaching in the distance

" now son " he says " your timing has to be spot on,judge the gap between those two lights and the car will pass harmlessly over you , watch me "

so daddy moves into the road with caution , stares at the headlights ,adjusts his position in the road and the car passes over him

" there you go son ,its all there is to it just judgement and positioning ,you will be ok have a go at the next pair of headlights "

so junior stands by the roadside till he sees a set of headlights ,moves bravely into position and wham hes flattened

" damn " says daddy shaking his head " i never expexted a bloody three wheeler to turn up "

its the ones that fail the animal survival course that you see on the country lanes for instance

daddy hedgehog says to his son " tonight im going to show you how to cross a road in safety,follow my every word and you will make it to the other side "

" now son " he says " your timing has to be spot on,judge the gap between those two lights and the car will pass harmlessly over you , watch me "

so daddy moves into the road with caution , stares at the headlights ,adjusts his position in the road and the car passes over him

" there you go son ,its all there is to it just judgement and positioning ,you will be ok have a go at the next pair of headlights "

so junior stands by the roadside till he sees a set of headlights ,moves bravely into position and wham hes flattened

" damn " says daddy shaking his head " i never expexted a bloody three wheeler to turn up "

I like it depoix - looks like we animal lovers will have to switch to hovercraft.

Is that a true story?:roll:

Bet the father was annoyed.

Archived