Is it normal for my tongue to turn a whitey colour after a piercing

I had my tounge done on tuesday and now it looks asif my tounge has got a white furry coating on it, Ive looked on the internet and people are saying this is normal just wondering if it happend to anyone else there is no pain and no puss coming from the piercing thank you

I had my tounge done on tuesday and now it looks asif my tounge has got a white furry coating on it, Ive looked on the internet and people are saying this is normal just wondering if it happend to anyone else there is no pain and no puss coming from the piercing thank you
mine went like that for a few days but cleared once the swelling had gone down

It is normal. Tongues are usually pretty effective at self-cleaning but with a fresh piercing this isn't possible, if it really bothers you try gently brushing your tongue or just wait for the piercing to heal and normal function will return.

Archived