Ford fiesta or peugeot 306

Fiesta. Had three myself, over the years, and never had anything go wrong with any of them.

My stepdad had a 306 and it spent more time in the garage, being repaired, than it did on the road. A mate at work also had one but got shut after about 6 months because it was so unreliable.

I suggest you get an insurance quote on both vehicles before you decide because at your age for a first time insurance you will be looking at a premium of about £1,000 if not more.

As said above, get an insurance quote first. I would prefer the Fiesta. Tough as old boots, any one can work on them and plenty in the scrappers for parts. I would think both cars are at least group 4 (1-20), maybe a Citroen C1-2 or Pug 106 or Corsa.

As much as I'm a fan of Pug diesels I would go with the fiesta...

As said above the parts are dirt cheap and they are easy to repair.

Go for the non-zetec (Endura E) engine as its been around for yonks- its not going to be a rocket but it will be cheap on fuel and bomb proof.

Archived