Why suggest a dead person rests in peace?

I think people just type it without thinking why they re doig it. It has become so widespread, it has lost any meaning.

on here yeah i agree..thats why i only post it on threads of people i really do respect

If I'm correct most people in the UK get to rest in relative peace for about 100 years, then the land is re-used, or so I was told.

Now I say relative peace because not all grave sites get peace, they get vandals and thieves.

I've always seen it as a sign of respect to wish peace upon the dead, like taking your hat off when a funeral car passes.

And why should wishing peace upon some one be a negative thing?

Bloomdido, I hope that your deceased relatives and ancestors rest in peace.

Salam bloomdido, peace be upon you, I wish you peace beyond all imagination.

If this insults you and gets you frothing at the mouth, then I'll just have to wish more peace upon you.

Be in peace.

Peace.

There ain't going to be much of them left after a hundred years! You just trying to wind me up. Peace be upon you too. I only do frothing when I'm having a cappuchino moment.

I think people just type it without thinking why they re doig it. It has become so widespread, it has lost any meaning.

Can I just add that my son has broken my keyboard. I now have to hit each letter with a hammer to be sur it registers.

Without having the stastics to prove it, I reckon I'm right. Over the course of history, war....disease.....famine...etc. Both my parents died in pain, as have others I've known. You are very lucky not to have lived with it.

Peace.

Archived