20 mph but why not 1.3cc ?

20 mph is ok by me but I am the sort of person that is radical enough to suggest we go a lot further.

Rarther than start down this route that is open to opposition from people that are not daft enough to work out that this would be an eccological nightmare, we should start from the top and ban all new cars being above 1.3 cc unless it be for transport of goods or emergency veircles.

1.3 engiens now are fast enough for anything and it would help in the quest to cut speeding on motorways and car theft with the only cars fast enough to be on the road being the police.

It seems stupid with the new look at how we think the future should be that we have not even concidered this solution.

If electric veircles were excempt then the buisness class would drive forward the ecconomics to drive down fual emissions. A win win situation.

Lets see if the new politics of this country are really up to change !

We are looking at cut backs in all walks of our lives to try and save the future. Why not a cap on cars CC ?

As touched on here what if all the caravaners had to have a 1300cc engine which was not up to the job of pulling their caravan? Caravan sold & on jet to go abroad everyear instead with the family. That must be more of an environmental disaster than pulling a caravan?

Theory flawed.....back to the drawing board

As touched on here what if all the caravaners had to have a 1300cc engine which was not up to the job of pulling their caravan? Caravan sold & on jet to go abroad everyear instead with the family. That must be more of an environmental disaster than pulling a caravan?

Theory flawed.....back to the drawing board

Your 'theory' is just as bad - I could just as easily suggest that those people would continue taking holidays in Britain, and they would use public transport to get there.

Your 'theory' is just as bad - I could just as easily suggest that those people would continue taking holidays in Britain, and they would use public transport to get there.

You obviously don't know 'touring' caravanners.....can't see them on public transport!

Yes, the last time I went on holiday in a caravan, National Express were very kind and fitted our caravan in the luggage compartment underneath the coach seating area...

Guess which one I enjoy driving the most? :twisted:

The one that will leave the planet in tatters for your grandchildren?

While I don't agree with the OP you could at least make an effort to be a part of the solution rather than boasting that you are part of the problem. We don't know the first thing about your circumstances but it does sound like you don't care at all and obviously people, maybe your grandchildren or mine, will draw conclusions from that.

While I don't agree with the OP you could at least make an effort to be a part of the solution rather than boasting that you are part of the problem. We don't know the first thing about your circumstances but it does sound like you don't care at all and obviously people, maybe your grandchildren or mine, will draw conclusions from that.

Fair point Tony, but do you think the politicians are helping with the state of the road surface they are providing to drive on?

Two jags Prescott set a pretty poor example as well!

My last car had all 4 shocks replaced, & this one has just had the rear 2 done. I'm seriously thinking about a diesel 4x4 for the sturdier suspension. I hate the flippin things as well but this is a joke!

The council in this area have just buried their heads in the sand & harped on about budgets, but it's amazing what can be found from the budgets when needed!!!!

The one I enjoy driving most is a 22 year old car, built in this country. It (hopefully) will still be running in another 22 years.

What lots of people on here fail to look at is the total life cost of a vehicle.

My car wasn't built in the far east and shipped halfway around the world.

My car doesn't have environmentally unfriendly batteries that will need disposing of (well just the one lead acid one, but no nasty cadmium or lithium)

The fact that I enjoy driving this car the most, doesn't mean that it's driven most often.

Read the rest of my post and look at the mpg's we get from our 2 other cars.

PS I don't subscribe to the THEORY that CO2 is bad for the planet, let alone man made CO2; but that is an altogether different thread; so I don't actually believe driving my old car will leave the planet in tatters for my Grandchildren.

However I'd like to protect their rights, and not have them legislated back into the stone age by bandwagon jumping, envious, psuedo green idiots.

It's all relative, who is worse, the person who's car can do 50mpg but drives 40k miles a year or the person who has a bit of weekend fun in a car that averages 18mpg and does around 2k a year?

Archived