Anyone at the dogs last night?

Curled up on my sofa is a cute little black girl that couldn't make the times at Owlerton - so she came home. Snuggled next to her is the first greyhound we ever raced - she ran until she was five and then came home. She's now 12. Other dogs we've raced have been re-homed and we know where each one is. Owners do not make any money unless they have an open race dog and can command stud fees. The people who do make the money are the track and the bookies. And I agree that there are too many races and too many dogs in the system, but dog racing is not going to go away, and it is more effective imo to campaign for reform and regulation from within the system than from outside.

Well, from that litter there are only two racing - its highly unlikely that there were only two in the litter, so what happened to the others, they were never registered. Where are they? Please don't insult anyone's intelligence by suggesting they are curled up in front of a fire somewhere as family pets. You know full well that dogs that are unlikely to make the grade are culled, just as thousands of them are when their racing days are over.

Interesting line about Portsmouth closing down because it "must have been run by an Arab". That does say rather a lot about you.

wasn't portsmouth fc run by an arab...probably the only one in the world without any money...according to reports molly's brothers and sisters are hare coursing in ireland..and loving it..isn't there any other worthy causes for you to protest about...stop the war...free palestine..poll tax...while me and alex are off to the dogs...love it...

Curled up on my sofa is a cute little black girl that couldn't make the times at Owlerton - so she came home. Snuggled next to her is the first greyhound we ever raced - she ran until she was five and then came home. She's now 12. Other dogs we've raced have been re-homed and we know where each one is. Owners do not make any money unless they have an open race dog and can command stud fees. The people who do make the money are the track and the bookies. And I agree that there are too many races and too many dogs in the system, but dog racing is not going to go away, and it is more effective imo to campaign for reform and regulation from within the system than from outside.

molly and rooney for a double....nice if it comes in....don't mention the black word..libuse will think your racist because i mentioned the word arab...

Your defence there is that cruelty doesn't exist, because you have seen some dogs treat well. To go back to a jewish metaphor; that is like having a comfy bed in Auschwitz. It doesn't mean it's a nice place to be.

There you go again putting words in peoples mouths and making false statements on what a post says.:roll:

Auschwitz.:hihi::hihi:.. Get a grip.

molly and rooney for a double....nice if it comes in....don't mention the black word..libuse will think your racist because i mentioned the word arab...

What strange thing to say. I simply wondered why, when I pointed out the tracks that are closing down, you said "Portsmouth must be run by an Arab". I found it an odd thing to say and couldn't see its relevance. I've no idea who ran the former dog track at Portsmouth, or any of the others that have closed down in recent years. I just hope there are plenty more to follow - apparently Belle View at Manchester is looking precarious. All good news.

think the germans ran that place and they dont race greyhounds either....so dont compare what happened there by those scumbag nazis

It was a metaphor. I liked it a lot. 1 person has it easy in a nice bed but he could still be killed at any minute. 1 dog has it easy with his massages, but he could be killed when he is no longer useful.

It was a metaphor. I liked it a lot. 1 person has it easy in a nice bed but he could still be killed at any minute. 1 dog has it easy with his massages, but he could be killed when he is no longer useful.

Could be killed.:confused:.

Means nothing.

Just guess work again.

How can you say that without knowing the owner?

Another sweeping statement.:roll:.

How can you say that without knowing the owner?

That is why i said could. It's conditional, and that main condition is the owner. It could be killed, it could be kept, it could take up a job as an investment banker.

You like gambling; which one has the better odds?

Archived