Anyone at the dogs last night?

To the OP,

Why don't you give Owlerton a ring and ask about the fate of this dog? The industry are incredibly secretive about the fate of the dogs so it would be interesting to see of they'd give you an answer. Please will let us know if they tell you?

yeh i might do! curiosity always gets the better of me!

I have been to hundreds of dog meetings all over the country and have never seen a dog killed.

I have felt like killing a few myself when they have lost.

Thats very sweet of you.

I'm not sure they ever actually slaughter the dogs in full view of the paying public so perhaps thats why you've not seen it, but its likely that a few of the hounds you've backed end up being shot. Perhaps if you ask nicely they'll let you watch the dogs who get the ten quid a time bolt gun to the head. Will that make you feel better about the ones you backed that lost?

12000 dogs a year are destroyed as a result of this industry. Its such a shame we haven't evolved sufficiently to progress from this "sport"

Thats very sweet of you.

I'm not sure they ever actually slaughter the dogs in full view of the paying public so perhaps thats why you've not seen it, but its likely that a few of the hounds you've backed end up being shot. Perhaps if you ask nicely they'll let you watch the dogs who get the ten quid a time bolt gun to the head. Will that make you feel better about the ones you backed that lost?

12000 dogs a year are destroyed as a result of this industry. Its such a shame we haven't evolved sufficiently to progress from this "sport"

How many have you seen shot with a bolt gun?

I know loads of trainers and owners, in fact I also know people who find and provide homes for retired greyhounds.

You stay on your soap box or mutter in the background whichever one it is and I will enjoy watching the dogs enjoy running against each other.

Used to visit an animal shelter near Cambridge, and it was always full of greyhounds that were to old to run anymore and so had been abandoned, sad really as they are lovely dogs.

How many have you seen shot with a bolt gun?

I know loads of trainers and owners, in fact I also know people who find and provide homes for retired greyhounds.

You stay on your soap box or mutter in the background whichever one it is and I will enjoy watching the dogs enjoy running against each other.

does that mean you can find out what happened then?x

Archived