Anyone at the dogs last night?

I googled it last night.

I think it is best to leave you with it because as corker said your biased opinion will not allow anything else to be considered.

I must trot, I've a chicken curry to sort out.

BYE.

Oh dear,

If you won't ever engage with anyone who disagrees with you on the grounds that you perceive them as having a bias, you'll never broaden your perspective. I'm more than happy to hear why you think greyhound racing is morally defensible (although I suspect it won't be forthcoming)

It strikes me that a refusal to debate is somewhat close-minded in itself

I'm more than happy to hear why you think greyhound racing is morally defensible

I don't think the racing is morally wrong, they are only running. It is the industry behind it which is ugly.

When people are using animals for industry, for profit, and especially to gamble on, then it is a natural progression that abuse will exist. If a dog is making a loss throw it away. If a dog is making a profit and winning then keep it until it isn't, then throw it away. If a dog can make money by breeding then keep it, until it is too old to do this anymore then throw it away. It is a barbarous industry when one studies it.

Oh dear,

If you won't ever engage with anyone who disagrees with you on the grounds that you perceive them as having a bias, you'll never broaden your perspective. I'm more than happy to hear why you think greyhound racing is morally defensible (although I suspect it won't be forthcoming)

It strikes me that a refusal to debate is somewhat close-minded in itself

Broadening your perspective is all good and well but im sure Al knows more than enough about dog racing and so do i.

At the end of the day we live in a nanny state and theres always going to be someone who complains never mind what the sport, politics whatever.

You might dislike racing dogs for money, but why should it banned really its been happening for generations.

Theres a lot worse animal cruelty out there than greyhound racing which i am totally against you have my word on that, one thing about Greyhound racing is the breed of dog gets a lot more attention now than what it would if it were banned from racing, they are built to race and actually enjoy it in my opinion, if something happens its bad luck at the end of the day, might aswell ban nearly every sport going involving animals if thats the case cause theres several sports out there invloving them which are a lot worse.

Broadening your perspective is all good and well but im sure Al knows more than enough about dog racing and so do i.

At the end of the day we live in a nanny state and theres always going to be someone who complains never mind what the sport, politics whatever.

You might dislike racing dogs for money, but why should it banned really its been happening for generations.

Theres a lot worse animal cruelty out there than greyhound racing which i am totally against you have my word on that, one thing about Greyhound racing is the breed of dog gets a lot more attention now than what it would if it were banned from racing, they are built to race and actually enjoy it in my opinion, if something happens its bad luck at the end of the day, might aswell ban nearly every sport going involving animals if thats the case cause theres several sports out there invloving them which are a lot worse.

Don't waste your time Corky, for every stastitic the anti racing mob give the greyhound racing authorities give one oposite and vice versa.

Nothing is carved in stone but some people only take notice of what they want to see.

I have already said Oxford track guarantees every retired dog gets a home and others all over the country are following suit but that fell on deaf ears.

I know a lot of people who have retired dogs as pets but according to others this doesn't happen.

The point you make about it helping the breed is also valid.

I don't believe that any sport involving animals - if I understand what you mean by that - is defensible.

My greyhounds (retired racers who were facing the bolt gun) love to chase and run, and they get to do that in a pet/domestic environment with me. Thats a million miles from the intensive breeding, track manipulation and factory culling of the racing industry

I'm not sure about your argument regarding the breed getting more attention because of racing.....by that rationale you'd say that the holocaust got Jewish people more attention

Don't waste your time Corky, for every stastitic the anti racing mob give the greyhound racing authorities give one oposite and vice versa.

To be blunt, you've given nothing apart from calling people crackpots, deluded, and even resorting to 'burger dodger'. Can we have some sources? If you can rise above insults you might have a point.

If you follow your research through the only people rehoming Greyhounds are rescue centres who tend to have an 'anti-racing' feeling. Even your 'Oxford Track' statement is false, they just advise people retire greyhounds to the Retired Greyhounds Trust. I can't find out what happens if they are unable to be rehomed.

To be blunt, you've given nothing apart from calling people crackpots, deluded, and even resorting to 'burger dodger'. Can we have some sources? If you can rise above insults you might have a point.

If you follow your research through the only people rehoming Greyhounds are rescue centres who tend to have an 'anti-racing' feeling. Even your 'Oxford Track' statement is false, they just advise people retire greyhounds to the Retired Greyhounds Trust. I can't find out what happens if they are unable to be rehomed.

Exactly the point I have made.

Everyone saying different to what you wish to believe is a liar.:roll:.

If you can take your blinkers off you may have a point.

Oxford greyhound trust has two dogs available for adoption.

It has found homes for 96 dogs over the last few years.

Hardly the numbers mentioned on here.

No, you're right, 10,000 retirees per year, 25 tracks, and only 96 rehomed from Oxford. Shame on them

I don't believe that any sport involving animals - if I understand what you mean by that - is defensible.

My greyhounds (retired racers who were facing the bolt gun) love to chase and run, and they get to do that in a pet/domestic environment with me. Thats a million miles from the intensive breeding, track manipulation and factory culling of the racing industry

I'm not sure about your argument regarding the breed getting more attention because of racing.....by that rationale you'd say that the holocaust got Jewish people more attention

You don't seem to be sure and god knows what your on about with the Jewish lol.

At the end of the day the amount of people going to watch greyhound racing makes it a popular "sport" so its always going to happen never mind how much you try and preach or impress with your jargon.

Archived