Anyone at the dogs last night?

Then lets hope they "branch out" into ventures that don't support animal cruelty. The sport, currently, is dying, and thats a good thing

It looked healthy enough at the greyhound derby the other night.

Anyone old enough to remember "mick the miller"? Born 1926 the greatest greyhound ever.

My sister once led "On Spec in at the greyhound derby, in 1983 an owlerton dog it came second at 33/1 caught on the line by I'm Slippy at 4/1.

It looked healthy enough at the greyhound derby the other night.

Anyone old enough to remember "mick the miller"? Born 1926 the greatest greyhound ever.

My sister once led "On Spec in at the greyhound derby, in 1983 an owlerton dog it came second at 33/1 caught on the by I'm Slippy at 4/1.

Ah, anecdotal evidence and something from 1926..... not particularly a particularly robust defence of the industry

greyhound racing is an old english sport, just like horse racing, ferreting, and phesent shoots, no matter how much people shout about theses things they will never stop as its in our makeup, just like spain has bullfighting and so on.

Ah, anecdotal evidence and something from 1926..... not particularly a particularly robust defence of the industry

Selective again.:roll:.

Great memories from 1983.;).

I've got some great memories of nights at the dogs and all the characters.

I know one person Tommy Machin who has never missed a meeting at Owlerton for 66 years..

greyhound racing is an old english sport, just like horse racing, ferreting, and phesent shoots, no matter how much people shout about theses things they will never stop as its in our makeup, just like spain has bullfighting and so on.

And slavery, institutional racism and state sanctioned homophobia. Part of our past. Luckily it is dying out.

Selective again.:roll:.

Great memories from 1983.;).

Fair enough;

Ah, anecdotal evidence and something from 1926 and 1983..... not particularly a particularly robust defence of the industry

Does that give your argument more strength? No of course it doesn't

Fair enough;

Ah, anecdotal evidence and something from 1926 and 1983..... not particularly a particularly robust defence of the industry

Does that give your argument more strength? No of course it doesn't

Just reminscing now, I've said my piece.

I've seen dogs treat better than people, massages every day, waled for miles, best food and centrally heated kennels.

None of that counts though.:roll:.

And slavery, institutional racism and state sanctioned homophobia. Part of our past. Luckily it is dying out.

not really if you scratch below the surface its all still there more or less but maybe in diffrent forms, the only diffrence is theres now the pc brigade which means you have to be less vocal in your views for fear of been labeled racist/homophobia.

Just reminscing now, I've said my piece.

I've seen dogs treat better than people, massages every day, waled for miles, best food and centrally heated kennels.

None of that counts though.:roll:.

No you're right, it doesn't count when at the end of their career they receive a bolt gun in the head, all the massages in the world don't matter, They are overbred and as a result are killed in huge numbers when their racing career ends.

Archived