Why No Fatties Advertising Special K?

This really gets on my thre'penny bits (or moobs, if you prefer).

That Special K advert where the woman is either slipping effortlessly into 'painted on jeans' (thanks to Billy Ocean for that line) or a size minus red dress.

And all because Little Miss One Stone eats Special K when what she really needs is a good bacon butty, dripping cake and mug of hot chocolate.

Why don't the likes of Special K advertise their marvellous slimming product by way of featuring a ten ton Bella Emberg or a Dawn French? In other words, a proper fatty who clearly might benefit from cutting back on the old calories?

Because, in a contradictory fashion, doing so would be a turn-off and probably not help sell many packets of Special K.

Thus, the company which wants you to eat its product and lose weight, has declared that its target audience is actually a turn-off which nobody wishes to see.

I have actually noticed that a lot of the Special K models are of a larger size.

To me, they seem to be of the body type that would balloon if they didn't eat healthily and excercise.

As a big lass, I have always been quite impressed with their choice of models and made me think (although do nothing about) that it is realistic of me to be able to achieve a body like that.

I don't get special K adverts either, they show a woman in a big coat looking miserable, then she east some special K, then goes to the beach in a swimsuit and is all happy. At no point is she fat and she's not thinner when she's at the beach either!

Special K is completely vile anyway, like eating cardboard flakes :gag:

Edit - also what's with special K snack bars?! Surely if you wanted to lose weight you just wouldn't eat in between meals?! The people in the ad are at work as well, you'd think they'd have better things to do than daydream about doughnuts!

its the same with anti wrinkle cream they are all models of about 20 yrs, they don't show you the before and after miracle results of a 50 yr old

.............and mascara when they say in the small print that false lashes may have been used! Tut tut!

Guest sibon

Why don't the likes of Special K advertise their marvellous slimming product by way of featuring a ten ton Bella Emberg or a Dawn French? In other words, a proper fatty who clearly might benefit from cutting back on the old calories?

Because anyone with a proper appetite wouldn't contemplate eating Special K.

its the same with anti wrinkle cream they are all models of about 20 yrs, they don't show you the before and after miracle results of a 50 yr old

I get the feeling that you are a bit deflated by the claims Shaz ;):hihi::hihi:

Archived