Paedophiles in the family

Many people you would see on the edge of the town with their physeptone chemist bottles and Kestrel Super cans have been abused. Why do you think they use so much alcohol and drugs? It numbs the deep pain within them. They live in a solitary shame, blocking out the suffering they faced as defenceless children.Stopping secret court trials would make people more confident about saying "I was abused, but I'll overcome my tormentor" instead of pushing the dark reality into the back of their minds with intoxicants.

But yours and my notes on the topic will be ignored while the frothing continues ad infinitum and the abuse continues.
you need to grow up if something you write or post on a internet forum makes you spit the dummy out because people tend to ignore you :huh:

you need to grow up if something you write or post on a internet forum makes you spit the dummy out because people tend to ignore you :huh:

I was referring to the study that I referred to. Have you a grown up constructive comment on the subject or are you just here to have a childish an off topic dig at me?

The study challenged one or two of my previous understandings. What do you think about the ideas around the cycle of abuse?

I was referring to the study that I referred to. Have you a grown up constructive comment on the subject or are you just here to have a childish an off topic dig at me?

The study challenged one or two of my previous understandings. What do you think about the ideas around the cycle of abuse?

so what you said here is not a dig (But yours and my notes on the topic will be ignored while the frothing continues ad infinitum and the abuse continues.) but what i posted resorts to a childish dig:huh: sorry for upsetting you heres your dummy

He might do now. I'm not sure posting all of that personal info, especially with the links, is a good idea.

im not stupid!, he knows my family is in sheffield its not hard to work out that id be in sheffield, but sheffield is a very BIG place not one place does it state the area of sheffield i am living in, so how would my post in any way shape or form indicate where i live?

im not stupid!, he knows my family is in sheffield its not hard to work out that id be in sheffield, but sheffield is a very BIG place not one place does it state the area of sheffield i am living in, so how would my post in any way shape or form indicate where i live?

Apart from in the 'Location' part of your profile...

I'd be very careful with giving too much away with information in other unrelated threads as well BTW. Someone with an unhealthy interest can find out way too much information about most people if they're open on a forum.

I would say it IS unusual to know even one paedophile let alone more than one. But I don't think anyone was suspicious of HN. It was likely he came across the abusers in his line of work. As it happens he didn't. It's still unusual to know 3 families with paedophiles in them but this is obviously no reflection of HN himself.

Its not that uncommon, unfortunately. I know many families who have had peodophiles in them, both through my work and sadly personally. The percentage of sexual abuse by someone within the family or close friend/babysitter is shockingly high around 70% I think.

I also think there is more denile than acceptance, when families find out they have sex offender among them. They try to excuse or justify allegations as "lies" or "revenge".

Therein lies the crux of the problem, breaking the cycle. All too frequently, child sex abuse remains hidden until years down the line when the abused repeats history.

In some cases yes, but by no means all children who were abused, turn into abusing adults :rant:

Archived