Paedophiles in the family

Many people you would see on the edge of the town with their physeptone chemist bottles and Kestrel Super cans have been abused. Why do you think they use so much alcohol and drugs? It numbs the deep pain within them. They live in a solitary shame, blocking out the suffering they faced as defenceless children.Stopping secret court trials would make people more confident about saying "I was abused, but I'll overcome my tormentor" instead of pushing the dark reality into the back of their minds with intoxicants.

This is also the case, a high percentage of substance misusers have abuse in their past. Heroin in particular.

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/...#StartComments

Think you are right carly83, that comment must be his mum. I'm glad you managed to escape from that filth, you are brave.

I have only known one peadophile and that was through work, he was involved in a divorce and the co-respondent was his 6 year old daughter who he had abused, he seemed such a cheery,chatty bloke, and you would have never guessed in a million years what terrible things he had done to his own daughter.

My bold:

They usually are teddie, "oo he/she seemed such a nice bloke/woman" is not an uncommon phrase is it? They groom and part of grooming is to be nice, friendly, trusting........blah blah....freaks!!

Why do family members accept a peadophile who are members of their family!!!

This is a question I've asked myself a million times..

The family finds out about the abuser, goes absolutely bollistic about it, comes out with all the "I'm going to kill him" threats etc etc, then a few months down the line, they accept him back into their homes as though nothing has happened..

Makes the abused feel like absolute crap..

Many people you would see on the edge of the town with their physeptone chemist bottles and Kestrel Super cans have been abused. Why do you think they use so much alcohol and drugs? It numbs the deep pain within them. They live in a solitary shame, blocking out the suffering they faced as defenceless children.Stopping secret court trials would make people more confident about saying "I was abused, but I'll overcome my tormentor" instead of pushing the dark reality into the back of their minds with intoxicants.

Which is precisely why I never jump on the 'heroin addicts are scum' bandwagon which rolls through this forum periodically. I've met some heroin users who've been through worse things than most of us could imagine, including sustained abuse by several family members over years. Can't say I wouldn't turn to smack in their shoes.

Which is precisely why I never jump on the 'heroin addicts are scum' bandwagon which rolls through this forum periodically. I've met some heroin users who've been through worse things than most of us could imagine, including sustained abuse by several family members over years. Can't say I wouldn't turn to smack in their shoes.

I don't think anyone can say what they would do in a certain situation without having been in it themselves.

However I think many people who are criminals, abusers, addicts etc use childhood problems/abuse as an excuse.

There are plenty of people who have suffered awful things in their lives but now have good jobs, houses and families.

Opiates are excellent pain relievers and euphoriants, so they quell emotional pain as well as the pain from, say, end-stage cancer or a slipped disc after a 90mph car crash. In the 1920s to 1940s before any other medicine was available for depression, diamorphine was prescribed, along with pure injectable crystal meth. By the sixties it was oral amphetamines and barbiturates, now it's (far less euphoric or addictive) Prozac/Lustral.

Addiction is due to the natural response of the human body; it does not take kindly to having a large amount of something present and then suddenly dropping. The body thrives on continuity or gradual change in brain chemicals. That's why if you take a lot of a substance and then just stop, withdrawal is unpleasant. That's also why if you have no tolerance to a strong medication and use a high dose, it can kill you. Our species of biological organism is sensitive in this way.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a grandfather still strutting about town who has sexually abused both his grandaaughters and always befriends families with little girls.Doing the usual ferrying the girls to various activities and has took them swimming.

The family knows what he has done plus a lot of other people around the town.

YET he by his dogged persistence wormed his way back into parts of the family and carries on as though nothing has happened.

He has never been prosecuted because the one grandchild who had visible marks on her body kept changing her story because she loved her grandad and didn't want to get him into trouble.

Yes it beggars belief but I am sure this is not an isolated occurence and families let these slimeballs back into family life.

I have not sensationalised this story.

I've come across this a couple of times. Sometimes the other family members reject the family member who was the victim, and close ranks round the perpetrator. Really really horrible for the victim. I think it's because people don't want to face up to the fact that one of them is rapist/paedophile, so they go into denial.

Yes I think you are right and from my experience this is the case across the board i.e any form of abuse, violent/ mental/ thieving etc -it seems that embarrassing family members often appear to be protected whilst the victim becomes the scapegoat.

Archived