Phoenix II @ Swallownest

Liam1984

Just been to this new restaurant (formally the Swallownest inn) on worksop rd, and the food is out of this world! It is the best chinese Me and my other half have had in years. The service was top notch and the food was served prompt, piping hot and cooked to order plus it was 10% off and we got free drinks, we paid our bill and booked for friday night! *****5 outa 5

And despite what bendyman says I didn't see 1 chav!!!!!!!!

Liam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yea, went there last week and had a great night out with my family , the food was amazing and we also got a starter for free. I was introduced to the japanese style 'New-tong chicken' and totally loved it. it was very crispy and delicious, greatly recommend it :hihi: also service was good and we got a 10% discount as well, will definitely have a re-visit very soon.

• 2 months later...

Just been to this restaurant for the second time. The food is absolutely fantastic. Much better than other Chinese restaurants in the area. The service is first class and the staff are all pleasant and extremely helpful. They really can't do enough for you. We can't praise this place enough. If you haven't been yet, or had a take-away, you should - AND QUICK! It's fantastic. Well done everyone at the Phoenix 2. You deserve to be one of the top Chinese restaurants in and around Sheffield.

We've had a couple of take aways from here and both times have been very happy with it - except one dish.

Most recently I ordered the crab and sweetcorn soup which was lovely and thick, and very tasty, followed by the fillet steak cantonese style & rice. Very very good, and the steak melted in your mouth!

My partner had the hot and spicy chicken to start which was huge, he couldn't eat much of his main after finishing them off, then followed with crispy beef in a thai sweet chilli sauce. He said this was good and not too spicey either, just nice.

My stepdad (and brother) had the honey ribs which lasted all of 5 minutes. Then he had the sweet and sour battered king prawns and noodles, which he said were very good.

My mum was quite disappointed, she got the lamb pancakes for starter and it wasn't very nice at all, just fatty bits of meat and gristle put together in a box. I tried it and I had to spit it out, I didn't enjoy it at all.

However, apart from this dish you can see that the food went down very well and we wouldn't hesitate to go again... just not ordering any lamb next time!

• 2 weeks later...

They deliver :) And if you order quite a lot you get free prawn crackers and 4 bottles of Stella as well - they even put some sweets in for my 5 year old brother after they heard him shouting in the background when we ordered! Honestly, even when delivering, the service is second to none.

Archived