Phoenix II @ Swallownest

Liam1984

Ordered from them last night and was very impressed. Customer service was excellent, the food was excellent quality and delivery was very prompt with a friendly delivery guy.

We had a spring roll starter, crispy shredded beef with chilli, crispy shredded chicken with chilli, quarter duck with hoi sin sauce and pan cakes, a cicken chow mein, a chicken curry, a beef curry 4 rices and it only came to £44! For 5 of us that's great value. Got 2 bottles of stella, prawn crackers and a small bag of haribo chucked in for free.

I personally had the beef curry and crispy beef (split them with the mrs of course!) and they were spot on. I also tried the crispy chicken and that was lovely.

All the ingredients were fresh and cooked beautifully. You could really taste the quality It's much better than swallownest chinese, really can't fault it. I must have had beef curry and crispy beef 100 times and last nights was the best. I will definately be going for a sit in meal next week based on the takeaway.

Well done Phoenix, you have restored my faith in Chinese take aways and have got a repeat customer for the foreseeable future. Keep up the good work!

• 10 months later...

Brilliant :):), by far the best chinese takeaway in the area. All the staff are excellent and freindly and the service is very good, the food is very nice and is served in generous portions at a very good price. The phoenix sells alcohol and this is a good idea to have a drink while you wait for your food to be cooked fresh. ( try the chinese Sun Lik beer, very nice ). They also always provide free prawn carckers to eat while your waiting for your food and will call you a taxi if you need one, the restaurant is clean, well run and as ive said before all the staff are excellent and cant do enough for you. Well worth a visit or ring for a takeaway, you wont be disappointed, top class :):)

Craig

• 8 months later...
Is it true that The Phoenix is closing down soon, and the premises re opening as a pub ??

I agree with Tess... I hope not!

All what can be said of the PhoenixII has already been said on this thread.. Great food and great staff. We eat there quite regularly and as Tess says, there are no other really good Chinese restaurants in the area.

We had our engagement do there last October and it was fantastic as usual and VERY reasonable bill.

We went again the other night and the owner said she'd look forward to seeing us again soon so I doubt very much it's closing. She's just done some more decorating and refurbishing so it's looking really nice now.

Had fab food as usual and they were extremely attentive and helpful. Loads of people coming in for takeaways but not many sitting in. It's a shame cos they can't do enough for you.

There is an old pub (Oak Inn or Maggies) that's just been done up and reopened up the road, perhaps that's what they're talking about.

Archived