Manor estate 1950 to 1980

Waltheof Road - I used to live here at No 29 and my family was the Scarboroughs before the entire Manor as i knew it was erased from history. I also went to Standhouse School ( Queenmary Road ) - Prince Edwards School ( Prince Of Wales Road ) and then finishing off at Hurlfield Campus ( East Bank Road ) Are there any people that used to live on Waltheof Rd or used to know my family?? I am also trying to get hold of any images of the Manor back in the 1970s - For memories sake as i am now based in London.

Not sure but the back of Standground School, which I presume was on Standground Road, backed on to Archdale Road if my memory is correct.

Standground Road was on the lower part of the Manor. Standhouse School is on Archdale Road and Queen Mary Road. I lived on Archdale Road for many years, 1970 - 1989ish. It got flattened but now rebuilt on

standhouse school was on archdale road i lived next door to it was born there in 1950 moved off arund 1970 the front entrance was on queenmary road which was a continuation of raynald road .standground road was off prince of wales road .

must have missed you, I moved onto Archdale Rd in 1970 next to the school

The only person missing from my time is Troggy. He may have been a scruffy old so and so but he never hurt a fly that i knew of.

Troggy - now there was a fella! He used to live on my nan's road on Waltheof Rd and used to always tell us to f*** off! Never bothered us though, and always went about his business. wonder what happened to him ...

Waltheof Road - I used to live here at No 29 and my family was the Scarboroughs before the entire Manor as i knew it was erased from history. I also went to Standhouse School ( Queenmary Road ) - Prince Edwards School ( Prince Of Wales Road ) and then finishing off at Hurlfield Campus ( East Bank Road ) Are there any people that used to live on Waltheof Rd or used to know my family?? I am also trying to get hold of any images of the Manor back in the 1970s - For memories sake as i am now based in London.

I remember the Scarborough's jamesh2o. My nan used to live a few doors down at No 21 - Mrs Bloom. Used to spend many days up there and on the manor fields! I used to live on Archdale Road, a couple of houses on from Standhouse School and lived opposite the Starsmores and Mrs Foster and the Bushells and for our sins, next door to the Johnsons before they left!!!

Troggy - now there was a fella! He used to live on my nan's road on Waltheof Rd and used to always tell us to f*** off! Never bothered us though, and always went about his business. wonder what happened to him ...

Someone on here said he is now living up on the Arbourthorne.

• 2 months later...

Although I lived on Manor Park Close I went to Standhouse School from 1950 to 1954. I often wonder what happened to some of my old school friends. Names that spring to mind - Christopher White, Jennifer Wilshaw, Jennifer Wilsher, a small girl we used to call Little Mo, first name Maureen, obviously, but I can't recall her surname, Edwina ? (a tall, thin girl), Christine Bark (who I think used to live near the rec ground on the Circle, Julie Thomas. There are a good few others that I can still picture but can't recall their names. Happy days.

Rod

Although I lived on Manor Park Close I went to Standhouse School from 1950 to 1954. I often wonder what happened to some of my old school friends. Names that spring to mind - Christopher White, Jennifer Wilshaw, Jennifer Wilsher, a small girl we used to call Little Mo, first name Maureen, obviously, but I can't recall her surname, Edwina ? (a tall, thin girl), Christine Bark (who I think used to live near the rec ground on the Circle, Julie Thomas. There are a good few others that I can still picture but can't recall their names. Happy days.

Rod

Christine Bark and Julie Thomas two gorgeous lasses there, I Asked both of them for a date but got the knock back as usual. Oh well!

Hi cuttsie.

We must have been of the same era - did you go to Standhouse? I had a couple of dates (if you could call them that at 11 years old) with Christine. I used to see Julie regularly because: a. She was in the same class as me (Mr Rackham's class year 4) and she lived next door to my Aunt Thelma on Queen Mary Close (or Crescent?). I left Standhouse in 54.

Rod

Hi cuttsie.

We must have been of the same era - did you go to Standhouse? I had a couple of dates (if you could call them that at 11 years old) with Christine. I used to see Julie regularly because: a. She was in the same class as me (Mr Rackham's class year 4) and she lived next door to my Aunt Thelma on Queen Mary Close (or Crescent?). I left Standhouse in 54.

Hello Rod, I was at Prince Edwards and met Christine and Julie on the Manor Top and various youth clubs.

Both lasses were knockouts and tried my best for a date with Christine but she went on to marry a mate of mine who i believe has passed away.

Happy Days.