Manor estate 1950 to 1980

Hi Sandra, Did you live in Queen Mary Road, in between Wulfric Road and Scotia Close?

If you did, we may have been friends as children.

I lived in Fitzhubert Road, facing Scotia Close. This would have been mid-50s to mid 60s.

Either way, best wishes.

I lived on the Manor Estate 1950 : 1960 but do not remember a Standground Road, and I went to Standhouse Junior and then Prince Edwards !

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 08:05 ----------

I would love to hear from anyone who went to Prince Edwards between 1952 and 1957. The teacher I remember are Mr Williams, Mrs Butler, Mr March, Mr White, Mr Gratton !

I did I hated the place, Gratton was a bully , Mr March was O.K but most of the teachers judged you on how well dressed you were which for many was not very well.

There was a girl I hung around with in 1955 (we'd both be 15-16) and used to go to the Embassy dance hall on Mansfield Road.

I believe she lived on Queen Mary Road just above the gennel down to the park.

I forget her name, but would recognize it if any of you lived there at the time.

Thanks!

I lived on the Manor Estate 1950 : 1960 but do not remember a Standground Road, and I went to Standhouse Junior and then Prince Edwards !

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 08:05 ----------

I would love to hear from anyone who went to Prince Edwards between 1952 and 1957. The teacher I remember are Mr Williams, Mrs Butler, Mr March, Mr White, Mr Gratton !

Are you related to Violet and Sid Brown who were both at Prince Edwards at that time.

I lived on Fitzhubert Road in the 1950s, looking out onto Scotia Close. Wulfric Road was the top road to the right and Carey Road was the road to the left. I remember the chip shop, post office and St Swithens church where our mums would stand and watch the weddings on a saturday afternoon.

I worked with a girl in 1960 called Carol Inglis who, I think, lived on Fitzhubert. You may have known the family.

I worked with a girl in 1960 called Carol Inglis who, I think, lived on Fitzhubert. You may have known the family.

Would she have been around 20 years old at that time? She may be the friend I had around 1955.

Would she have been around 20 years old at that time? She may be the friend I had around 1955.

Yes. We both worked in Barclays Bank. I was 17 and she was a couple of years or so older than me. Dark hair about 5ft 2".

Yes. We both worked in Barclays Bank. I was 17 and she was a couple of years or so older than me. Dark hair about 5ft 2".

Bingo!

Thanks so much! Ties up a loose memory for me.

May she be well, wherever she is.

• 2 years later...

There was a pair of Brownette twins in my class at St Theresa's, I assume it's the same family. I also knew Kathleen, Michael and Austin Wragg from earlier in the thread, they lived on Harborough Avenue and I lived on Stonecliffe Road. I've had the very great pleasure of recently meeting Alan Dagnall who lived next door to us on Stonecliffe. I hadn't seen him since 1963,