Manor estate 1950 to 1980

On 21/11/2010 at 15:28, crookesey said:

92 Fairleigh, we left in 1952 when I was aged 5, it was my grandparents tenancy, they moved in well before the war, they were Ernest and Nellie (Mary Ellen) Marshall, my mother was another Nellie and my auntie was Doreen.

I have a great recall of it, including the Maypole and the Co-op, there was a very old man called Mr Moxen who lived in one of the oap flats, a police officer named Dusforge who lived opposite us, and a barbers shop named Toms that bordered the back of our rear garden. Our gardens were immaculate, I've no idea what they are like now.

I remember Mr Desforges I think he had a big family.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/10/2010 at 13:15, manor lass said:

I was born on the Manor lived there for 20+ years so can anybody tell me where Standground Rd was or is cause it has been mentioned a few times can,t place it, Thanks

A picture is best way to explain Stanground Rd and Fairfax Rd (the steep hill) were pretty much obliterated.  Sections removed : blue shows Stanground and the pink shows Fairfax.  If any problem viewing please let me know.

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/DavidxCGS/media/MUStangroundandFairfax_zpslmsizfqg.jpg.html?filters[user]=147461066&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Edited by DavidxCGS
Missed words out and error

• 1 month later...