Miss USA - Rima Fakih

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rima_Fakih

Both a muslim and Lebanese arab

"she is reputed to be the first person of her nationality, ethnicity or religion to be named Miss USA"

Congratulations on her and the US for putting aside her religion and ethnicity and treating her like everybody else

That's because she is like everyone else. We've come a long way over here:)

She is a beauty and a well deserved winner.

I don't think the USA should be congratulated, since when do we congratulate on the basis of not being racist?

I think it illustrates that her religion and ethnic origin was never an issue for the people of the USA, indeed it is only an issue to those that choose to highlight it, as demonstrated by the OP.

I think it illustrates that her religion and ethnic origin was never an issue for the people of the USA, indeed it is only an issue to those that choose to highlight it, as demonstrated by the OP.

ooh the reverse racism card *ouch*

as ive previously said I AM going to show positive sides to muslim people wherever i find them, just to counter the constant stream of negatives (spouted daily on here both true and complete lies)

so enjoy :)

ooh the reverse racism card *ouch*

as ive previously said I AM going to show positive sides to muslim people wherever i find them, just to counter the constant stream of negatives (spouted daily on here both true and complete lies)

so enjoy :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "reverse racism card" Mel, I can assure you I wasn't accusing you of racism though. I would point out that you make an issue of her race & religion, clearly where there never was an issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by "reverse racism card" Mel, I can assure you I wasn't accusing you of racism though. I would point out that you make an issue of her race & religion, clearly where there never was an issue.

well the newspaper (where i originally saw the story a couple of weeks back) ive forgotten the name, mightve been the sun made an issue of mentioning her religion

also that wikki page doesnt take too long before mentioning it

in fact the only place that DOESNT mention it is in fact the actual miss USA site, not sure the reason might be cos of like you said or cos theyre trying to hide it slightly?

Archived