Why should my OH take offence to what I said?

I agree with you there and it is that very parodoxical nature of women that we try to wrestle with in a culture which is looks obsessed and prizes beauty above all else.

This is interesting reading on the hypersexualisation of our culture and the pernicious effect it has on shaping girls' thinking and behaviour:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/jan/31/living-dolls-natasha-walter

I did not wish to start a major philosophical debate about the changing nature of relationships and how they are effected by focused marketing here, I merely wished people to agree that my OH acted like a ti......WHOOPS......boob!:roll:

I have read that 5 times now in order to try and understand it. I have reached the conclusion that it makes less sense every time I read it. Guess it must be a "woman thing"

:roll:

It means...duh. She is beautiful ONLY because you love her. So, as most of the world doesn't love her she's taken it that you've called her a dog...indirectly that is. :hihi:

I did not wish to start a major philosophical debate about the changing nature of relationships and how they are effected by focused marketing here, I merely wished people to agree that my OH acted like a ti......WHOOPS......boob!:roll:

Maybe she did, I wasn't there to observe. But if she did over react then are you not interested in where that comes from?

It means...duh. She is beautiful ONLY because you love her. So, as most of the world doesn't love her she's taken it that you've called her a dog...indirectly that is. :hihi:

She is CERTAINLY not a dog! She does like her tummy rubbing though and I have had her roll over a couple of times.:suspect:

You need to dump her...she's far to bright for you. You'd be doing her a favour to boot.

Maybe she did, I wasn't there to observe. But if she did over react then are you not interested in where that comes from?

NO. Trying to fully understand a woman is not possible as their beliefs are transient. If I had said a similar thing to her under different circumstances she would probably have swooned.

Archived