Why should my OH take offence to what I said?

I would much rather my OH tell me I am beautiful because he loves me than that he loves me because I am beautiful. The latter sounds very shallow and practically says I love you because you're beautiful now but when you're old and gray, you won't be beautiful anymore and then I will be out of here.

If I'm beautiful because he loves me, then he loves me from the inside out and that is the way it should be. Ask any child if their mother is beautiful and the child will tell you that his/her mother is the most beautiful woman in the world (even if to you or me, she is as ugly as the back end of a rhino). She is beautiful, because the child loves her. We should all love that way.

I would much rather my OH tell me I am beautiful because he loves me than that he loves me because I am beautiful. The latter sounds very shallow and practically says I love you because you're beautiful now but when you're old and gray, you won't be beautiful anymore and then I will be out of here.

If I'm beautiful because he loves me, then he loves me from the inside out and that is the way it should be. Ask any child if their mother is beautiful and the child will tell you that his/her mother is the most beautiful woman in the world (even if to you or me, she is as ugly as the back end of a rhino). She is beautiful, because the child loves her. We should all love that way.

You and Tapir would make the perfect couple. You two get eachother in a way no-one else can. :love::love::love:

AT LAST......someone who understands TRUE LOVE!:cool:

I think saying you love someone because they're beautiful is just as foolish as saying they're beautiful because you love them. Both send out very confusing messages IMO.

You can find someone beautiful and not love them, but it goes without saying that you find the person you love beautiful. So why would you ever use both in the same breath?

:huh:

You getting jealous or something?:roll:

No way man! My OH tells me I'm beautiful WITHOUT adding anything or justifying it with silly reasons... he just says, 'you're proper beautiful'... see, not that hard to give a REAL compliment is it? :P:D:cool:

I think saying you love someone because they're beautiful is just as foolish as saying they're beautiful because you love them. Both send out very confusing messages IMO.

You can find someone beautiful and not love them, but it goes without saying that you find the person you love beautiful. So why would you ever use both in the same breath?

:huh:

Well thanks for clarification and simplification that you introduced into the discussion.:(

No way man! My OH tells me I'm beautiful WITHOUT adding anything or justifying it with silly reasons... he just says, 'you're proper beautiful'... see, not that hard to give a REAL compliment is it? :P:D:cool:

He just says that because you walk his guide dog while he is asleep!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived