Anyone got a memory foam mattress?

If so, how are they affected by sitting up in bed?

I sit up a lot in bed, reading or watching TV and being rather heavier than I should be, this has rendered my current mattress useless.

I know other members here have had positive experiences with their memory foam mattresses, but I hated mine. You shouldn't have any problems sitting on it and nor should the mattress be adversely affected, they really do bounce back and retain their shape.

I found it hot to sleep on and you sink into which makes moving about difficult, it did for me anyway. My partner was convinced it was the cause of her bad back!

You shouldn't have any problems sitting on it and nor should the mattress be adversely affected, they really do bounce back and retain their shape.

But what if I was sat up watching telly, which caused a huge bum shaped dent in the mattress, then went to lie down on it? Do they spring back into shape that quickly? Wouldn't I be laying down in a crater, which is what the problem is now.

I have read the other threads on here regarding memory foam, and the negative comments like yours have put me off a bit.

But what if I was sat up watching telly, which caused a huge bum shaped dent in the mattress, then went to lie down on it? Do they spring back into shape that quickly? Wouldn't I be laying down in a crater, which is what the problem is now.
They dont 'spring back' instantly HazyJane, and you're quite right your 'bumps' do create craters. The best way I can describe it is like lying on sand. Having said that, it only takes minutes for them to regain their shape, one you've moved position.

I have read the other threads on here regarding memory foam, and the negative comments like yours have put me off a bit.

I'd strongly recommend that before you buy you test drive one first. I know Tempur offer in home trials, and you can return if you dont get on with it. Theirs are expensive though, so maybe shop around as well.

It's the Sealy Trueform ones I've been looking at, that come in a box ready to take home. But I think I do need to go and try one out, rather than just picking one up.

Thanks for all your help boyfriday.

Definalety want to try a few in a showroom. My mother bought one in a box off ebay and couldnt get on with it. She said it was to firm and tryed to return it but they woudnt accept return due to hygene reasons.

Ive just bought one from a company called bedtime called coolmax 1500 pocket. Made by sleep works, not as well known as the bigger brands but Its the best mattress ive ever had.

have a look at this link

http://www.bedtimeonline.co.uk/Mattresses/Pocket-Sprung-Mattress/Coolmax-1500-Pocket-Memory

They have a showroom in Dinnington not far from junction 31 of M1

Also got some good offers on Silentnight memory foam

Cheers,Rick

Archived