Octogan - seats? disabled facilities?

blue-kat

I think the main entrance has lots of steps but there might be a lift, but at the other side there are lots of double fire doors and I'm sure the doorstaff would allow you to use them to enter with a wheelchair if that was the only option, it would be common sense.

The Octagon has a lot of seating that folds down from the walls when required but it probably depends on the concert as to whether the seating is in use or not. I've been to things there were it can be one or the other. I'm sure there must be wheelchair access as I've seen wheelchair users in there but can't remember whether they have disabled toilets and the only toilets i can remember are down a flight of steps from the main auditorium level.

As said by another poster, the seating depends on the event - it does come out from the walls. Once you are into the hall itself, everything (including the bar!!!) is on one level, part from the toilets, but that could have changed .

I'm sure that there is a lift ( a few years since I worked there) - you go throuh the door immediately to the left of the main steps, but failing that, the ramp that runs all the way round the fire exits can be used and the staff would open a fire door to let you in.

As said, give the students union a ring, 0114 222 8777, they will tell you.

Hope this helps

There is a lift for disabled users. For all standing concerts a riser is built for disabled persons - so you can see. Not sure whether you should state disabilities when buying tickets - guess that 's probably not a bad thing to do anyway.

thanks very much for helpful replies - much appreciated.

my son had bought tickets for the octagon for a sold out gig from ebay. He's going to ring the venue to see if they can help, if he can be assured of a seat inside, he can forego wheelchair. Otherwsie, guess he can sell the tix on.

he has limited mobility rather than wheelchair dependent.

Archived