Car lighter not working, any ideas??

My dad has this as it would work when he plugged his sat nav in, he got a baby wipe in the element as there was aload of crap in it (but please dont do it when the ignition is on) :)

I know you say it is not the fuse but wen I got my new car my lighter socket didn't work and I swapped the fuse n still ding work so got a motar electrician to have a look. Turned out the previous owner had put the rong size fuse in. Think shud be a 20amp fuse but there was only a 15amp fuse lol

needs to be checked to see if power reaching socket.if power there then fault lies in socket itself so replacement needed

ok well my mechanic has too much work on, he had a look at it and turned round to me and said it was all in my head.

do you recomend anywhere?

I know you say it is not the fuse but wen I got my new car my lighter socket didn't work and I swapped the fuse n still ding work so got a motar electrician to have a look. Turned out the previous owner had put the rong size fuse in. Think shud be a 20amp fuse but there was only a 15amp fuse lol

the size of fuse wouldnt stop it working unless the fuse has actually blown....

Archived