Parking fine question

Having been sent a penalty charge notice for using a car park weeks ago for which a valid ticket was bought but now can't be found, I have a question.

I'm tempted to make them take me to Small Claims Court, as my understanding is that they can only pursue the driver at the time, and that wasn't me. But can they check with DVLA who else is insured to drive my car? I'm not inclined to volunteer to them who might have been driving at the time, since they are a set of thieving ----s.

Council car park is offical etc so should be dealt with properly

Private car park charge is not a fine, its basically a scam

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE and IGNORE some more. If you start responding they have won with thier scare tactics. There is no appeal procedure just a duff invoice.

They wont take you to court, never do. Many websites around on them

You will get abou silyl threatogram letters in the post which can all be binned

If it's a private company just ignore it completely - they will try to threaten you into paying but there is absolutely no legal basis to their 'fine'. Just ignore any letters they send and they'll eventually give up.

If it's the council then you do need to take notice of the instructions with the penalty notice. Whether you decide to play dumb about who was driving, try to persuade them that you had a valid ticket (but have lost it) or just pay up, it's up to you...

thanks for the replies, should have said it's a private one. My solicitor friend has left me a text saying "speak to you tomorrow, but don't worry about it too much" which sounds encouraging :)

thanks for the replies, should have said it's a private one. My solicitor friend has left me a text saying "speak to you tomorrow, but don't worry about it too much" which sounds encouraging :)

Typical solicitor.

"Just ignore them. There is nothing they will do" is all they needed to say.

What kind of rational human being would have a solicitor for a friend :huh:

x

Yeah, and he's Jewish

relax, he's Chinese really :|

(note: you really have to have followed Jason Bourne's posting over a number of years to understand this one)

solicitors are very nice, especially if you coat them in bbq sauce and grill them

Actually, having a solicitor (2 in fact) for a friend is really handy. Especially one who knows a bit about libel law. Especially when one frequents an Internet forum. The Kerching!! potential is massive.

Archived