Parking fine question

thanks for the replies, should have said it's a private one. My solicitor friend has left me a text saying "speak to you tomorrow, but don't worry about it too much" which sounds encouraging :)

It's a private car park so just completely ignore their letters. They will escalate their claim against you over the next six months sending ever increasing threats.

Just ignore every single one of them and on no account reply to them or get in contact with them. Not even through a solicitor as that would be a total waste of money.

They have no legitimate claim against you and will never take you to court. They rely on stupid and gullible people believing their letters.

It's a private car park so just completely ignore their letters. They will escalate their claim against you over the next six months sending ever increasing threats.

Just ignore every single one of them and on no account reply to them or get in contact with them. Not even through a solicitor as that would be a total waste of money.

They have no legitimate claim against you and will never take you to court. They rely on stupid and gullible people believing their letters.

That's the impression I'm getting. I'm also quite well-versed in the Protection From Harassment Act 1997, so that should come in handy.

That's the impression I'm getting. I'm also quite well-versed in the Protection From Harassment Act 1997, so that should come in handy.

Nah, that won't come in handy. To use that knowledge you would have to contact the parking company, and that's the last thing you want to do. Just totally ignore them, whilst keeping their letters.

I bet it's Excel Parking or one of their clone companies. Do a Google search on their postcode.

Nah, that won't come in handy. To use that knowledge you would have to contact the parking company, and that's the last thing you want to do. Just totally ignore them, whilst keeping their letters.

I see your point. Although it's quite tempting to have one of their directors arrested for harassment.

I see your point. Although it's quite tempting to have one of their directors arrested for harassment.

Very tempting -can you?

To echo what everyone else has said - ignore ignore ignore, it has no defensible legal status and is completely unenforcible. Sit tight when they come with the scary looking solicitors' letters and whatever, but ultimately they know that the contract law they rely on is too questionable and they don't pursue it.

Very tempting -can you?

To echo what everyone else has said - ignore ignore ignore, it has no defensible legal status and is completely unenforcible. Sit tight when they come with the scary looking solicitors' letters and whatever, but ultimately they know that the contract law they rely on is too questionable and they don't pursue it.

If you have even fairly low level proof of harassment (behaviour which amounts to harassment of another and which the perpetrator ought to know amounts to harassment of another) it's fairly easy to get a police warning of the perpetrator. If you then get solid evidence of further harassment (another letter, for example) you can get an arrest. Can also work for direct mail companies and telemarketeers.

If you have even fairly low level proof of harassment (behaviour which amounts to harassment of another and which the perpetrator ought to know amounts to harassment of another) it's fairly easy to get a police warning of the perpetrator. If you then get solid evidence of further harassment (another letter, for example) you can get an arrest. Can also work for direct mail companies and telemarketeers.

How might you go about that? I'm not in such a situation at the moment but its useful information, if you don't mind sharing. What is the specific offence?

Archived