England flags being requested to be taken down by police.

My son said that there was some 'ho har' about england flags being found offencive by Aisians and that they were trying to make them illigal ???

I more or less said its all gonads and to where did he hear this exclusive info that he is privvy too and not the general media. He said its true as its on FaceBook :hihi: Which got Facebook put on my routers ban list ;)

But ang on a minute, now I learn from adult friends round the corner from me that 2 police officers knocked on his door the other day and asked him to take down his England flag as it was offencive !

Apparently this is some sort of policey because police have also been knocking on pubs with the same request (although this is third hand knowledge so cant substansiate this)

Is this happening ? Is this a JOKE ? :huh:

But ang on a minute, now I learn from adult friends round the corner from me that 2 police officers knocked on his door the other day and asked him to take down his England flag as it was offencive !

Apparently this is some sort of policey because police have also been knocking on pubs with the same request (although this is third hand knowledge so cant substansiate this)

Is this happening ? Is this a JOKE ? :huh:

I've heard this too hard2miss, and the 'well it is true, because it's happened to me too' response.

It is of course, as you suspected a pack of lies.

The police have no powers to enter a private property and ask that England flags are removed because they're 'offensive'

The only legitimate reason for objection is if said flag infringes planning laws (which isnt a police issue), or presents a danger to members of the public ie someone driving around with a flag on a 6ft flag pole sticking out of their car window.

No

Yes

Lots of people would actually prefer it to be true though as they love having something to get incensed about!

So true some people go all frothy at the very sight of red and white. I think they're mentally ill or they might have a neurological colour sensitivity.

I've heard this too hard2miss, and the 'well it is true, because it's happened to me too' response.

It is of course, as you suspected a pack of lies.

The police have no powers to enter a private property and ask that England flags are removed because they're 'offensive'

The only legitimate reason for objection is if said flag infringes planning laws (which isnt a police issue), or presents a danger to members of the public ie someone driving around with a flag on a 6ft flag pole sticking out of their car window.

Aww....damn. I only just managed to erect it! Cannot get my breath! I guess that I shall have to try to camaflague it!:suspect:

no one has knocked on my door yet and my england flag has been in my window for many years as a mark of respect for our troops

theres also a large flag flying from a pole further down the road that has also been there for quite a few years

I'm surprised you didn't find the answer to this question when you put this thread up.

Normally the forum will point you to related threads, and you would have been pointed to this thread, already in existence from a few days ago, and you'd have seen, there and then, that it's all cobblers:-

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=587824&highlight=myth+england+flags

See my comment in that thread which the whole load of garbage is re-established here as ugly lies:-

Myth, untruth, and rumour, apparently:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/8697240.stm

unless of course, your intent was to ignore the prompt from the forum, and publish garbage that was designed to foment xenophobic hate?

A good friend of mine has an England flag permentantly flying just above his own front door on a flag pole. His nosey neighbour saw fit to complain to my mate several times and asked him to take it down, which my mate obviously refused to do. The nosey neighbour then said he would complain to the council, even though it is private housing not council. So my mate went to the council and got official permission for it before his neighbour got in there. The next time his neighbour complained he showed him the official council paperwork. His neighbour hasn't mentioned it since.

A good friend of mine has an England flag permentantly flying just above his own front door on a flag pole. His nosey neighbour saw fit to complain to my mate several times and asked him to take it down, which my mate obviously refused to do. The nosey neighbour then said he would complain to the council, even though it is private housing not council. So my mate went to the council and got official permission for it before his neighbour got in there. The next time his neighbour complained he showed him the official council paperwork. His neighbour hasn't mentioned it since.

But why did his neighbour complain in the first place scuba?

Archived