England flags being requested to be taken down by police.

But why did his neighbour complain in the first place scuba?

No idea, just one of these people that have an aversion to seeing anybody display the national flag I suppose. It's not even a big flag, no bigger than the car ones but on a little flag pole going out at 45 degrees from the wall above his front door.

Funny thing is, since he got official paperwork for it, I think though I'm not sure, he could get something much bigger, that would really wind his neighbour up.

Normally the forum will point you to related threads, and you would have been pointed to this thread, already in existence from a few days ago, and you'd have seen, there and then, that it's all cobblers:-

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=587824&highlight=myth+england+flags

I particularly enjoyed sibon's contribution to that thread:

"It is true. The Con-Dem coalition will pass the "Dangerous Flags Act" on Thursday. This will make it illegal for anyone gullible enough to believe what they read on Facebook, or in The Daily Mail, to fly the flag of St George.

You will also be forced to wear a Burkha for the entire duration of England's participation in the world cup."

No doubt someone will read it and try to present it as fact ;)

As far as I'm aware, the Police ADVISED pubs to not let in anyone wearing an England shirt etc... becuase of the trouble that they cause (painting everyone with the same brush right?) So much for Police intelligence, very little research, and they will know that the ones who cause all the trouble at football never wear colours.

As far as I'm aware, the Police ADVISED pubs to not let in anyone wearing an England shirt etc... becuase of the trouble that they cause (painting everyone with the same brush right?) So much for Police intelligence, very little research, and they will know that the ones who cause all the trouble at football never wear colours.

The police have denied this.

A police officer told you? A pub that doesn't let people in with an England shirt on during the world cup isn't going to have many customers.
Nah a Police officer didn't tell me, I just herd it from people etc... you know how it gets around which is why I didn't beleive it much. I also gave the same response as JFK above, landlords are gunna make a mint through the world cup.

I've heard that too Tommo, but cant find any evidence that the police have offered this advice.

This is from the website of Lincolnshire Police:

"Superintendent Owen went on to reiterate that rumours that action will be taken against people hanging or flying St George, Union or any other country's flags, or wearing football shirts in the run-up and duration of the World Cup are completely untrue. He says, "Lincolnshire is a diverse county of races and nationalities, and we would not stop any fan from wearing their country's colours or displaying their nation's flag if they so wish to do so". This is all part of the World Cup, and what makes it such a well-loved and nationally supported event".

http://www.lincs.police.uk/News-Centre/Press-Releases/28-05-2010-Lincolnshire-Police-Look-Forward-To-A-Trouble-Free-World-Cup.html

I've heard that too Tommo, but cant find any evidence that the police have offered this advice.

This is from the website of Lincolnshire Police:

"Superintendent Owen went on to reiterate that rumours that action will be taken against people hanging or flying St George, Union or any other country's flags, or wearing football shirts in the run-up and duration of the World Cup are completely untrue. He says, "Lincolnshire is a diverse county of races and nationalities, and we would not stop any fan from wearing their country's colours or displaying their nation's flag if they so wish to do so". This is all part of the World Cup, and what makes it such a well-loved and nationally supported event".

http://www.lincs.police.uk/News-Centre/Press-Releases/28-05-2010-Lincolnshire-Police-Look-Forward-To-A-Trouble-Free-World-Cup.html

Lincolnshire diverse ? Behave man.

Archived