Special Romantic Restaurant Required

Stebbil

Hi all

The other half's birthday is fast approaching in July. Yesterday she uttered the scary words "are you taking me out for a meal for my birthday? Somewhere really special?" :help::wow::help:

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Sheffield. She likes almost everything except for seafood or Thai. As it is her birthday I know she will want something a little more upmarket and also one that is preferably more couples and less groups.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

John

Hi all

The other half's birthday is fast approaching in July. Yesterday she uttered the scary words "are you taking me out for a meal for my birthday? Somewhere really special?" :help::wow::help:

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Sheffield. She likes almost everything except for seafood or Thai. As it is her birthday I know she will want something a little more upmarket and also one that is preferably more couples and less groups.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

John

Morans - http://www.moranssheffield.co.uk/

or

Milestone - http://www.the-milestone.co.uk/

Hi there,

I know the star newspaper had an article in there today about a restaurant in Crookes that's won Restaurant of the Year or something similar. I believe it's Sheffield Food Festival week and will be featuring restaurants around the city so might be worth goggling that and see what they recommend.

Hope that helps

Susie

Unfortunately Sheffield isnt the best for fine dining restaurants but I've always enjoyed a meal (on special occassions!) at the following:

Morans

Silversmiths

Marco @Milanos

Rafters

Milestone

Bar 23

I think Morans is my favourite (but prob the most expensive?!)

But hey, I'm sure shes worth it... :-)

Thanks guys, looks like i have a few to consider.

Even though the better half doesnt like Thai food, her favorite food in the world is Chinese. We have been to The China Rose in Bawtry a few times which is a more upmarket Chinese Restaurant, but was wondering if there are any upmarket Chinese restaurants in Sheffield. I certainly havnt heard of any. There are places like Candy Town, but for me it isnt quite posh enough.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

John

Archived