Toyota dealers in Sheffield in 1987

Hi from Ireland,

Might seem a bit of a weird one but I'm looking to find some information! - I own a 1987 Toyota Corolla GT Coupe (a car which has a bit of a cult status in recent years) the car was imported into Ireland in 1993 from the UK. Having looked up the original UK registration the reg is D558 PET which would mean it was originally registered in Sheffield.

So what I am trying to find out is the name of any Toyota dealers that were existence in Sheffield in 1987 so I can find out where the car was first registered. I know from reading Gordon Lamb's website that they were set up in 1989 so that rules them out.

Anyway hopefully someone can help!

Cheers,

Patrick

Pickford Deighton later Skipper of Sheffield on Ellen Street would have been the Sheffield central Toyota dealer in 1987.As earlier posts suggests that the car was registered in Rotherham, then I would say that the car could have been from Rotherham Toyota Centre.

Archived