Working/child Tax credit line

The minimum monthly salary someone over 21 earns for a 37.5hr week is £810.68. You can live on that quite easily.

Rent 250pcm Sharing

Food 100pcm

Bills 50pcm

Travel £100

Still leaves £310 a month to do what you want with.

Do you live on this salary? Or are you mearly pulling these figures out of the air?

Bills - £50 a month??

If you can show me how I can get my gas, electric, council tax, water rates, TV license, telephone, internet etc ALL for £50 a month, I'd be most grateful!

Im not on about a family though I am talking about a single person in a shared house. Even if the bills were a hundred and fifty thats still £200 a month to spend on whatever you want.

Bills - £50 a month??

If you can show me how I can get my gas, electric, council tax, water rates, TV license, telephone, internet etc ALL for £50 a month, I'd be most grateful!

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well living on that amount would cut obesity.

Im not on about a family though I am talking about a single person in a shared house. Even if the bills were a hundred and fifty thats still £200 a month to spend on whatever you want.

I take it you have a great job with plenty of cash and really don't understand just how fast money goes on just the essentails in life?

Oh right.

So what about a single person who owns their own house and lives alone?

Do you live on this salary? Or are you mearly pulling these figures out of the air?

No but the figures are what friends pay for bills and the salary mentioned is the minimum wage for over 21's after tax.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=591176

The link is to a house share for £195 a month and £75 a month bills which includes council tax internet and sky +utils. SO the figures in my original post don't seem totally out of therealms of possibillity.

If they can afford a mortgage then I would guess their salary is higher than the minimum wage.

How would you know that as a fact?

What if they took out their mortgage 10 years ago, and were made redundant 2 years ago along with millions of others?

No but the figures are what friends pay for bills and the salary mentioned is the minimum wage for over 21's after tax.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=591176

The link is to a house share for £195 a month and £75 a month bills which includes council tax internet and sky +utils. SO the figures in my original post don't seem totally out of therealms of possibillity.

Ok, well not all landlords that generous. Well I said my piece for all it was worth.

Archived