Why are the Americans and media blaming BP for oil spill?

hehehehe! You know me too well, by now, boyf. It's the story of my life! I've never been able to suffer fools gladly. Or should that be b*llsh*tters? ;)
Don't talk about your husband like that, it isn't nice. Rhymes with Witch.:loopy:

Buck, I don't recognise that United Kingdom. It's your loss I guess.
maybe its gone for good. it needed to be. Terribly sorry to hear about he Cumbria shootings just now. Is nowhere safe?:confused:

I warned my wife before I took her on the first trip to England that the people were reserved. She didn't listen and went out shopping on her own the second day Came back looking all surprised.

"I said good morning to a couple of people while walking down the street and they just looked at me as If I came from another planet or maybe the man I spoke to thought I was trying to pick him up or something"

I told her "Save your good mornings and have a nice day" for when we get back to california :hihi:

I found quite the opposite when I have been in England. People seemed intrigued by my accent and always willing to talk. Very friendly folks though not as friendly as back home, admittedly. I received a very warm welcome from everyone I met and I felt completely at ease.

As for the OP, I wouldn't say Americans are blaming BP for the oil spill. We are blaming them for their lack of urgency in rectifying the situation, though that is improving as their stock prices are hitting rock bottom. They, after all, own the well, so it is there responsibility to clean up the mess. As for who is responsible for the initial problem, it looks like Haliburton to me.

Just as a funny aside, in the paper today there was a quote from a reader:

"When Jimmy Buffett sang "all those tourists covered in oil," I don't think this is what he meant."

Edited to add: After reading mojoworking's response, I was in the Northwest on my travels there.....Wirral area.

I warned my wife before I took her on the first trip to England that the people were reserved. She didn't listen and went out shopping on her own the second day Came back looking all surprised.

"I said good morning to a couple of people while walking down the street and they just looked at me as If I came from another planet or maybe the man I spoke to thought I was trying to pick him up or something"

I told her "Save your good mornings and have a nice day" for when we get back to california :hihi:

It depends where you go. I daresay your wife would have received exactly the same reaction had she walked around New York randomly saying "have a good day" to everyone she met.

It's the same in the UK, people in Sheffield (and the North in general) are much more friendly than those in London. It's the nature of a big city.

It depends where you go. I daresay your wife would have received exactly the same reaction had she walked around New York randomly saying "have a good day" to everyone she met.

It's the same in the UK, people in Sheffield (and the North in general) are much more friendly than those in London. It's the nature of a big city.

Like Southern hospitality here I guess its Northern hospitality there.

I agree. Londoners also aren't the friendliest people in the world and I told her that before we left. But the neighbours took to her as well as my family. They started to say "Have a nice day y'all" after awhile and all meant in good fun

CottonTop;6314813]I found quite the opposite when I have been in England. People seemed intrigued by my accent and always willing to talk. Very friendly folks though not as friendly as back home, admittedly. I received a very warm welcome from everyone I met and I felt completely at ease. [/b]

As for the OP, I wouldn't say Americans are blaming BP for the oil spill. We are blaming them for their lack of urgency in rectifying the situation, though that is improving as their stock prices are hitting rock bottom. They, after all, own the well, so it is there responsibility to clean up the mess. As for who is responsible for the initial problem, it looks like Haliburton to me.

Just as a funny aside, in the paper today there was a quote from a reader:

"When Jimmy Buffett sang "all those tourists covered in oil," I don't think this is what he meant."

Edited to add: After reading mojoworking's response, I was in the Northwest on my travels there.....Wirral area.

Yorkshire people :thumbsup:

Not southerners though. Maybe because London is so crowded they get like that because they almost live on top of each other

Yorkshire people :thumbsup:

Not southerners though. Maybe because London is so crowded they get like that because they almost live on top of each other

It could be because very few people in London are actually from London.

They've all come from somewhere else, so they don't feel a sense of community or belonging in the same way that people in the provincial towns and cities do.

London has a much more transient population too, which adds to the impersonal feel of the place.

I lived in London for 17 years and loved every minute, but it never really felt like home.

Archived