Why are the Americans and media blaming BP for oil spill?

Are they stalkers? They seem to know where we go:o and how far:D

quote Harleyman '

'Thats because you drive little cracker boxes and only drive as far as the supermarket or pub and back'

It's fairly true though.

'Thats because you drive little cracker boxes and only drive as far as the supermarket or pub and back'[/b]

It's fairly true though.

Lol, you actually say that as if you believe it. My misses car has done 45 thousand miles in the last three years, and it's had no problems. maybe you need to reacquaint yourself with the pleasure of driving a European car again. I'd try a German one if you want top of the range engineering.

Lol, you actually say that as if you believe it. My misses car has done 45 thousand miles in the last three years, and it's had no problems. maybe you need to reacquaint yourself with the pleasure of driving a European car again. I'd try a German one if you want top of the range engineering.

There are plenty of Mercs and BMWs over here. They might be great to drive but I would say top of the range engineering plus overall reliabilty still go to the Japanese specially the Toyota Lexus line of cars.

German cars have been rated average in overall reliability and expensive to repair

'Thats because you drive little cracker boxes and only drive as far as the supermarket or pub and back'[/b]

It's fairly true though.

I would never drive anything cumbersome, a BMW sports car would suffice -

anyone?;)

There are plenty of Mercs and BMWs over here. They might be great to drive but I would say top of the range engineering plus overall reliabilty still go to the Japanese specially the Toyota Lexus line of cars.

German cars have been rated average in overall reliability and expensive to repair

You are joking? I'd take a VW or an Audi anytime for reliability

I would never drive anything cumbersome, a BMW sports car would suffice -

anyone?;)

Not if you're on a road trip driving thousands of miles. I usually manage 500-600 miles a day before I stop for a nights rest if on a long trip.

Leg room, overall comfort and smooth ride is what I need not a busy little sports car in cases like that.

Not if you're on a road trip driving thousands of miles. I usually manage 500-600 miles a day before I stop for a nights rest if on a long trip.

Leg room, overall comfort and smooth ride is what I need not a busy little sports car in cases like that.

I was talking of what I'd prefer I wouldn't consider taking a job that meant I had to drive that many miles in a day, how often would you have to do that?

You are joking? I'd take a VW or an Audi anytime for reliability

Consumers Reports (which probably is not sold in the UK) says otherwise.

This publication does not rely on advertising for it's revenue. Only subscription sales so it cannot be accused of being biased. They obtain their information from feed back by readers.

They also have a team who do exhaustive tests on all cars on the market

I was talking of what I'd prefer I wouldn't consider taking a job that meant I had to drive that many miles in a day, how often would you have to do that?

I dont drive for a living. Americans drive great distances for pleasure as much as for a living. If I want to take a trip to Colorado or New Mexico or up north to Oregon, Washington or British Columbia them it's necessary to get the daily mileage in or just spend the whole time dawdling along.

Last summer we drove up to British Columbia (1300 miles from my home) I made it in 2-1/2 days with a two night stop over.

MY brother in law used to drive from Los Angeles to Montreal Canada in 3 days (about 3000 miles) That I could never do

Long distance truck drivers do cross country trips on a regular basis. Time is money to them

Consumers Reports (which probably is not sold in the UK) says otherwise.

This publication does not rely on advertising for it's revenue. Only subscription sales so it cannot be accused of being biased. They obtain their information from feed back by readers.

They also have a team who do exhaustive tests on all cars on the market

'Which?' Magazine is the UK equivalent.

'Which?' is published in the UK by The Consumers' Association.

'Consumers' Reports' is published in the US by Consumers' Union.

Archived