Why are the Americans and media blaming BP for oil spill?

On top of the BP oil leak Obama is now facing a problem with his top man in Afganistan General McChrystal who has been summoned to the Whitehouse regarding derogatory comments made by the general about Obama and his advisers. Since Obama is his Commander in Chief this could lead to serious issues.

Obama has also declared his intention to sue the state of Arizona over that state's decision to deny welfare benefits to illegal aliens. I would hope that Arizona in return sue the Fed to recover all the money they've had to pay out to illegals since it's the Fed's fault that all those people are there in the first place

Nebraska has just passed a similar law to Arizona's

On top of the BP oil leak Obama is now facing a problem with his top man in Afganistan General McChrystal who has been summoned to the Whitehouse regarding derogatory comments made by the general about Obama and his advisers. Since Obama is his Commander in Chief this could lead to serious issues.

From some of the comments I've read, MacChrystal may be being misquoted.

He is accused of saying that he was 'disappointed with President Obama'. An individual who was allegedly present whn he made the comment said that "Gen MacChrystal was given an audience with President Obama, who did not seem to know who he (MacChrystal) was. MacChrystal was disappointed with President Obama."

Is it really so unreasonable to expect that the President of the United States might recognise his commanding General in Afghanistan?

Obama has also declared his intention to sue the state of Arizona over that's state's decision to deny welfare benefits to illegal aliens. I would hope that Arizona in return sue the Fed to recover all the money they've had to pay out to illegals since it's the Fed's fault that all those people are there in the first place

Nebraska has just passed a similar law to Arizona's

And I thought he was hoping to get a second term.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

From some of the comments I've read, MacChrystal may be being misquoted.

He is accused of saying that he was 'disappointed with President Obama'. An individual who was allegedly present whn he made the comment said that "Gen MacChrystal was given an audience with President Obama, who did not seem to know who he (MacChrystal) was. MacChrystal was disappointed with President Obama."

Is it really so unreasonable to expect that the President of the United States might recognise his commanding General in Afghanistan?

And I thought he was hoping to get a second term.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

No doubt you know that president Truman fired general Douglas McArthur for his criticism but in this case Mc Chrystal may have only been guilty of airing his hurt feeling at not been recognized by Obama during the first meeting of Chiefs of staffs.

Point is though that's it's taboo for the military to criticize or speak in derogatory terms about the Commander In Chief or if it must be said to make sure no one you cant trust isn't around when you say it

Apparently McChrystal's' comments were quoted by a reporter from Rolling Stone magazine

No doubt you know that president Truman fired general Douglas McArthur for his criticism but in this case Mc Chrystal may have only been guilty of airing his hurt feeling at not been recognized by Obama during the first meeting of Chiefs of staffs.

Point is though that's it's taboo for the military to criticize or speak in derogatory terms about the Commander In Chief or if it must be said to make sure no one you cant trust isn't around when you say it

Apparently McChrytals comments were quoted by a reporter from Rolling Stone magazine

I'd guess that the comparable thing for us wouldn't be a Commander In Chief criticising the PM, but it would be a Commander In Chief criticising the Queen, as head of state.

I'd guess that the comparable thing for us wouldn't be a Commander In Chief criticising the PM, but it would be a Commander In Chief criticising the Queen, as head of state.

In your case it wouldn't make much sense for a commander to criicize the Queen since she's not involved in military or foreign policy decisions. When I was in the British Army no one criticized her anyway. I worked waiter in our officers mess a few times to earn a little extra money and at the end of the evening the officers would all rise and drink a toast to the Queen which is traditonal I believe

Archived