Why are the Americans and media blaming BP for oil spill?

They are also arguing he has bullied BP and has gone too far. :hihi:

There were a lot of warning signs that stuff was going wrong in the hours preceding it and there were warnings a year previously from geologists that here was a large amount of unstable methane under the sea bed.

This and the appearance of fissures has caused some speculation that the disaster may get an awful lot worse, indeed it may not even have started.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dk-matai/gulf-of-mexico-danger-of_b_619095.html

This includes footage of fissures:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=74f_1276484897

I see no fissures on the seabed on that video. I think the story is a load of nonsense.

I'm used to looking at these ROV screens and that's footage of metalwork, not the seabed. Check out the numbers on the screen as well as the picture. The well is cased off and the producing zone is at 18,000 feet deep with a water depth of 5,000 feet. There's no way it will fracture to surface as that only happens with very shallow blowouts.

Like this one that I was on in 1993, also BP as it happens -

I see no fissures on the seabed on that video. I think the story is a load of nonsense.

I'm used to looking at these ROV screens and that's footage of metalwork, not the seabed. Check out the numbers on the screen as well as the picture. The well is cased off and the producing zone is at 18,000 feet deep with a water depth of 5,000 feet. There's no way it will fracture to surface as that only happens with very shallow blowouts.

Like this one that I was on in 1993, also BP as it happens -

I hope you are right.

The cap that was placed over the oil leak was accidentally knocked off by a mechanical robot and the oil is now leaking full force again.

Tony Hayward is OK however. He 's "got his life back" now he's been replaced

Happy sailing Tony. Any old WW2 mines still floating around the English coast? :D

The cap that was placed over the oil leak was accidentally knocked off by a mechanical robot and the oil is now leaking full force again.

Tony Hayward is OK however. He 's "got his life back" now he's been replaced

Happy sailing Tony. Any old WW2 mines still floating around the English coast? :D

Very droll; imagining a dad and lad being blown to bits.

Very droll; imagining a dad and lad being blown to bits.

Cold hearted? Yeah! Just like a man of incredible wealth who has overall generally shown an indifference which amounts to outright arrogance about this collosal disaster and whining about needing to "get his life back"

when thousands here have had their jobs and future lives possibly ruined for the forseeable future.

Allowing his photo to be taken aboard his yacht while he cruises in far away England amounts to nothing more than sticking his finger up in the one finger salute to everyone in the Gulf.

Cold hearted? Yeah! Just like a man of incredible wealth who has overall generally shown an indifference which amounts to outright arrogance about this collosal disaster and whining about needing to "get his life back"

when thousands here have had their jobs and future lives possibly ruined for the forseeable future.

Allowing his photo to be taken aboard his yacht while he cruises in far away England amounts to nothing more than sticking his finger up in the one finger salute to everyone in the Gulf.

A photo shoot on his yacht ? stupid limey...figures.

And the Brits worship this guy ?

Archived