Why are the Americans and media blaming BP for oil spill?

Cold hearted? Yeah! Just like a man of incredible wealth who has overall generally shown an indifference which amounts to outright arrogance about this collosal disaster and whining about needing to "get his life back"

when thousands here have had their jobs and future lives possibly ruined for the forseeable future.

Allowing his photo to be taken aboard his yacht while he cruises in far away England amounts to nothing more than sticking his finger up in the one finger salute to everyone in the Gulf.

So BP sent a carpenter to do a plumbers job. Is that what you're saying?

BP shouuld have brought in a CEO who was an engineer. Maybe that person could have done a better PR job. Could have explained exactly what was at stake and the proposed remedial action to be taken. Hayward instead gave the impression of a lost soul made even worse by saying he did not have the equipment to deal with it. This may have been true but saying it causes people to react extremely negatively in such cases and from then on he's disliked by the people affected and an embarassment to the company

Incidentally I dont wish the man blown up. Just my bizarre sense of humour which tends to get out of hand on occasions

May he sail on blissfully and safely and not lose too many millions on his declining BP stock values :)

What on earth is your press feeding you? The complete and utter nonsense that you spout isn't even back up by the greenie weenie Guardian. And for what it it's worth Hayward is an engineer.

Thank God that Americans aren't like you - you're a bit of a disgrace to both their nation and ours.

What on earth is your press feeding you? The complete and utter nonsense that you spout isn't even back up by the greenie weenie Guardian. And for what it it's worth Hayward is an engineer.

Thank God that Americans aren't like you - you're a bit of a disgrace to both their nation and ours.

What do you think of the Telegraph suggesting Tony Blair do his job?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/7832228/BP-oil-spill-Tony-Blair-is-the-right-man-to-be-BP-chairman.html

Yes I thought it was some sort of perverse joke too, but Bloomberg are reporting something similar.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-21/tony-blair-s-hiring-is-step-one-in-a-bp-comeback-matthew-lynn.html

That really does say something if Hayward has been that much of a disaster!

Well, Blair is doing a cracking job at bringing peace and stability to the Middle East.

Let's be right here, the only thing that matters right now is putting things as right as can be. I think you were right - it is a perverse joke if we read between the pretty obvious lines.

If Hayward is an engineer he should act and talk like one. None of your "engineering" geniuses seem to be able to fix the problem do they? The cap was knocked off the pipe yesterday by a robot.

As for me being a disgrace you dont know me, know nothing at all. I will therefore on the basis of your insulting remark profile you as a self righteous moralising little prig with an overblown esteem of his own limited intellect who should be at work and not wasting time on the SF :hihi:

I think Obama should be looking at bringing in a major engineering company such as Ralph M Parsons to take a look at what might be designed to stop the leak before and if the pipe finally collapses and the leak is literally spewing out from the seabed itself

If that happens................

Well, Blair is doing a cracking job at bringing peace and stability to the Middle East.

Let's be right here, the only thing that matters right now is putting things as right as can be. I think you were right - it is a perverse joke if we read between the pretty obvious lines.

Hey run for PM. Your country needs you

Just one point. Tony Hayward is a geologist and not an engineer, big difference. Geologists deal with ifs and maybes, whilst engineers deal in calculations and figures.

[it's nit picking because all your other posts have shown more sense and understanding of the issue than the rest of the forum put together.]

By all accounts the millions and millions of gallons oil after passing around the tip of Florida and all the way up the Atlantic coast could well work it's way across to first Ireland and then beyond. Dont plan on sitting on the beach at Blackpool this summer or any of those scenic Welsh and Cornish beaches.

And if it crosses to France ! Mon Dieu ! Once they hear the words "British" Petroleum they'll be all yelling and screaming "Maudit Anglais" as well as "Sale Americains"

The blame will go around

That's because they've only just finished cleaning up after the "Amoco Cadiz"

Just one point. Tony Hayward is a geologist and not an engineer, big difference. Geologists deal with ifs and maybes, whilst engineers deal in calculations and figures.

[it's nit picking because all your other posts have shown more sense and understanding of the issue than the rest of the forum put together.]

Well at least you seem to know more than friend Tony whose brain in my opinion moves a bit slower than his mouth

That's because they've only just finished cleaning up after the "Amoco Cadiz"

Even if it's cleaned up there will be residual damage remaining. They are now finding that oil has dissolved into the seawater in some areas. Even if it's not visually evident it bodes no good in the long run for the future of marine life

Archived