Why are the Americans and media blaming BP for oil spill?

And if it crosses to France ! Mon Dieu ! Once they hear the words "British" Petroleum they'll be all yelling and screaming "Maudit Anglais" as well as "Sale Americains"

I'm not sure that the French are stupid enough to try to blame a company that no longer exists and hasn't done for many years. Perhaps you have reason to think otherwise.

I'm not sure that the French are stupid enough to try to blame a company that no longer exists and hasn't done for many years. Perhaps you have reason to think otherwise.

Why would the average Frenchman know anything about a foreign petroleum company? I dont know anything about Pemex the major oil company in Mexico, only the name.

I can see it now.

Ist Frenchman: It was a BP oil rig

2nd Frenchman: BP ! Que est BP?

1st Frenchman: Une compagnie que s'appelle British Petroleum

2nd Frenchman. Gazoline Brittanique?

1st Frenchman: Oui ! C'est Ca!

2nd Frenchman: Merde alors! je vais tuer the prochaine Anglais que je voir

Why would the average Frenchman know anything about a foreign petroleum company? I dont know anything about Pemex the major oil company in Mexico, only the name.

I can see it now.

Ist Frenchman: It was a BP oil rig

2nd Frenchman: BP ! Que est BP?

1st Frenchman: Une compagnie que s'appelle British Petroleum

2nd Frenchman. Gazoline Brittanique?

1st Frenchman: Oui ! Ce'st Ca!

2nd Frenchman: Merde alors! je vais tuer the prochaine Anglais que je voir

It's not even called British Petroleum ... and we're all in it together now, we're the EU! So there! :P

It's not even called British Petroleum ... and we're all in it together now, we're the EU! So there! :P

The French will retaliate. Thousands more asylum seekers crossing the Channel hidden in the trailers of the big French freight trucks coming off the ferries :hihi:

The French will retaliate. Thousands more asylum seekers crossing the Channel hidden in the trailers of the big French freight trucks coming off the ferries :hihi:
We don't care anymore! Come one, come all! Let the whole world come! A few thousand more asylum seekers won'ts faze us at all. We've got to find space for 29 gypsy encampments in Sheffield in the next week or so ... *sticks straws in hair and gibbers* I don't think they're all gonna fit in Blunkett's back yard somehow ;)

Isn't it amazing how large corporations and government can screw things up beyond belief and at the same time have total control over the little people bickering among themselves.

Not a jot of what is said on here will impact the lives of those effected on the stricken coast or those that head Gov or corporations...the latter are sitting pretty either way.

Probably not.

Probably most in the UK don't either. Ordinary folk in the US like here have more pressing concerns generally. Who does or doesn't know at forum level is more about point scoring I would hazard to guess.

Archived