Roof Guttering.

My guttering needs changing, my house is attached and the neighbours is wood, can i change mine to the plastic type or do i have to get woods ones also.

Does anyone on the forum do guttering, if yes please PM or leave reply.

If it runs right to the downpipe then no problem. If you have to join wood and plastic it's more tricky but can be done. It looks strange though - we're on a terrace and one house in the middle has plastic gutters, the rest of the houses wood. Kind of spoils the look.

I'd go seemless aluminium if i were you & you can afford it. The plastic stuff is rubbish unless you can get long enough runs without the joins. The joins are sealed by rubber gaskets that bake in the sun (in summer) & freeze in the cold (in the winter). Damn gaskets shrink & you end up with drips & leaks everywhere, & if it blows on your brickwork, damp as well.

If you can't afford seemless aluminium, how about wood & lead-line the inside. Saves on tar painting the inside. Seen that done & it looked very good to be honest, & cut down on a whole heap of painting!

please before you have your guttering replaced let us call and give you a quote for twinplass PVC guttering its a pvc replacement for your traditional woodern guttering a sample can be provided or you can vist the twinplass website we have recently fitted some for another forum user call andrew many thanks

GT Roofline LTD

http://www.roofinginsheffield.net

Archived