Car immobiliser problems MEGATHREAD

My car has a AutoWatch immobiliser fitted, an old one, age unknown. The transponder only works when it has been warmed up in my pocket or by blowing on it. Does anyone local supply replacement transponders or does anyone know of an auto electrician who can remove the Autowatch alltogether?

• 2 months later...

I have a rover 25, only just recently got it and we had a problem with it. So my dad followed the instructions in the book to overide the immobiliser, as he thought this was the problem. The override seemed succesful even though the immobilser wasn't anything to do with the problem it was just a fuse that had gone.

So does anyone know if the immobilser will work now or whether this will have made it completely inactive. The alarm and all fobs work ok but i dont know how to check if the immobilser works now.

It doesn't say anything in the handbook about turning it back on so to speak so i didnt know whether this was just temporary or long term.!!

Please help lol :huh:

• 1 year later...

Would have to disagree there. They told me fitting full central locking to my car wasn't possible, I knew it was just didn't have the technical expertise to do it. Went to a place in town (it's near the Dev Cat, name escapes me at the moment) and they got it sorted :)

Archived