Car immobiliser problems MEGATHREAD

No need to be offensive. The starter motor will still turn but will not fire if the key isn't synched.

I've owned several Peugeot 306s over many years, and its a common problem if the battery is taken off and not connected back properly (see below), or the key batteries go flat are aren't changed within 15 minutes.

I'd also suggest doing a BSI reset - if the battery has been off and not been re-connected properly then the key features of the BSI - which include pairing and the immobiliser - could be the problem.

http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=peugeot_bsi_reboot_process

Try these first as they're quick and free to do yourself.

Rickleesh - I'll PM you the number of someone I personally trust. Or you can go with Danny128, but before you do have a look at his recent posts and see if that's the kind of person you trust with your car!

aI think post#49 says it all !

No need to be offensive. The starter motor will still turn but will not fire if the key isn't synched.

I've owned several Peugeot 306s over many years, and its a common problem if the battery is taken off and not connected back properly (see below), or the key batteries go flat are aren't changed within 15 minutes.

I'd also suggest doing a BSI reset - if the battery has been off and not been re-connected properly then the key features of the BSI - which include pairing and the immobiliser - could be the problem.

http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=peugeot_bsi_reboot_process

Try these first as they're quick and free to do yourself.

Rickleesh - I'll PM you the number of someone I personally trust. Or you can go with Danny128, but before you do have a look at his recent posts and see if that's the kind of person you trust with your car!

Sync will just pair remote locking , the immoboliser is a little chip that cant be sync but program by dealer

WOuld you trust a donut that google for answer or someone who answer all your question

Sync will just pair remote locking , the immoboliser is a little chip that cant be sync but program by dealer

Again Danny, you show you know little about cars, and you're doing yourself no favours by being offensive and insulting. I certainly wouldn't trust anyone who said "drive the car to me" when it's clear it won't move! Or should he freewheel it all the way down to you!

The Peugeot Planet diagnostics and programming equipment - available to anybody (not just dealers), and owned by me - can program keys and deal with the immobiliser.

If the key is not fully synced with the car, it will open the doors, it will fit in the ignition, but it will not "talk" to the immobiliser and deactivate it, and will turn the starter but will not fire.

Again Danny, you show you know little about cars, and you're doing yourself no favours by being offensive and insulting. I certainly wouldn't trust anyone who said "drive the car to me" when it's clear it won't move! Or should he freewheel it all the way down to you!

The Peugeot Planet diagnostics and programming equipment - available to anybody (not just dealers), and owned by me - can program keys and deal with the immobiliser.

If the key is not fully synced with the car, it will open the doors, it will fit in the ignition, but it will not "talk" to the immobiliser and deactivate it, and will turn the starter but will not fire.

so how are you saying you sync the key ??

I'd do a BSI reset - its the most common cause for unusual electrical behaviour on Peugeots. I had a new clutch last month and after that my electric windows wouldn't all go up when I locked the car. Did a BSI reset and they're fine now.

If you don't believe me, go to http://www.peugeotforums.com and search BSI reset, or search for "306 won't start", you'll get proper answers and solutions from Peugeot owners who've been there.

I posted a link, but here's the instructions:

Make sure all the gadgets are switched off, the driver’s window lowered down and open the bonnet.

Then close all the doors and take off the key from ignition.

After a 3 minute interval, unplug the vehicle’s battery terminals and wait for a further 15 seconds.

Attach back the battery terminals and give a 10 second pause making sure the doors are closed.

Turn the side lights on.

Now turn the engine on and inspect the system functioning.

Press and hold down the lock button on the key for 10 seconds.

Check the central locking system by unlocking and locking the door consecutively.

Turn the engine on again and finish inspecting the system.

I'd do a BSI reset - its the most common cause for unusual electrical behaviour on Peugeots. I had a new clutch last month and after that my electric windows wouldn't all go up when I locked the car. Did a BSI reset and they're fine now.

If you don't believe me, go to http://www.peugeotforums.com and search BSI reset, or search for "306 won't start", you'll get proper answers and solutions from Peugeot owners who've been there.

I posted a link, but here's the instructions:

Make sure all the gadgets are switched off, the driver’s window lowered down and open the bonnet.

Then close all the doors and take off the key from ignition.

After a 3 minute interval, unplug the vehicle’s battery terminals and wait for a further 15 seconds.

Attach back the battery terminals and give a 10 second pause making sure the doors are closed.

Turn the side lights on.

Now turn the engine on and inspect the system functioning.

Press and hold down the lock button on the key for 10 seconds.

Check the central locking system by unlocking and locking the door consecutively.

Turn the engine on again and finish inspecting the system.

thanks i will try this 2morrow if this doesnt work im getting towed straight into scrapyard

Archived