Any carp fishermen?

Being an all round fisherman I can tell you trout put a great battle up when hooked.

Nothing compares to my biggest freshwater fish though a 98lb catfish on the river Ebro,

It was a pure white on and fought like mad.

The wild carp of the lakes in southern spain also fight like mad, they are completely different fish to the purposely bred fish in our ponds.

If you want a free days fishing you can go to the Nethermoore Lane on the Rother Valley. It's easy to access from Killamarsh. The biggest fish I've heard of in there is a 26bl mirror.

I think the park rangers do come round - once in a blue moon - but if they do, it's only £3.50 for the day. I find big gravel pits much more rewarding to fish than well stocked commercial places.

If you want a free days fishing you can go to the Nethermoore Lane on the Rother Valley. It's easy to access from Killamarsh. The biggest fish I've heard of in there is a 26bl mirror.

I think the park rangers do come round - once in a blue moon - but if they do, it's only £3.50 for the day. I find big gravel pits much more rewarding to fish than well stocked commercial places.

There was some big pike came out of there a few years ago.

One thing people were moaning about was it goes as deep as forty feet in places.

They want to try the lakes in Spain, they go hundreds of feet deep.

There was some big pike came out of there a few years ago.

One thing people were moaning about was it goes as deep as forty feet in places.

They want to try the lakes in Spain, they go hundreds of feet deep.

I've heard it's 90ft in the middle of the lake!.......It's shaped like an up-turned witches hat with a shallow rim all the way round. There's supposed to be some old quarry equipment in the bottom!

i fish at skeggness water leisure park, amaizng carp ther goin from 30lb onwards, my biggest there is 22lb 8oz, goin back this august for 2 weeks hoping to get alot of fishing in and gettin new gear and hopfully for the first time bringin it back to fish in sheff, so anyone who would b up for it let me know

whats the enjoying though of fishing for carp in a pond (river fish slightly different)

You dip your line , then you drag out this mass of flesh which doesnt fight etc, ive seen more life in my dead gran.

Even something like the slippery eel puts more fight lol

what would happen if carp ceased to exist? i bet a lot of anglers would pack in fishing because they'd find other species too hard to catch. the only reason i like carp is that they make good livebaits for catfishing. 50lb of bream is far more rewarding than 200lb of carp.

Archived