Young teen age girls getting contraceptives without parents' knowledge

i only know of two people that have had the implant, one bleed constantly untill it was removed a couple of months later and the other had it surgicly removed after it inbeded its self into her muscle aparently both are quite common, where i do agree young girls should have the option to see a doctor without there parents i have to say i do not agree with a piece of plastic being shoved into the arm, maybe it would be best to make first contact to be to administer condoms then if they go back again then pehaps try the mini pill, combi pill or injection rather than the implant being so readily availible

i only know of two people that have had the implant, one bleed constantly untill it was removed a couple of months later and the other had it surgicly removed after it inbeded its self into her muscle aparently both are quite common, where i do agree young girls should have the option to see a doctor without there parents i have to say i do not agree with a piece of plastic being shoved into the arm, maybe it would be best to make first contact to be to administer condoms then if they go back again then pehaps try the mini pill, combi pill or injection rather than the implant being so readily availible

They can also cause significant weight gain, so some of my friends who've had the implant, have experienced. The last thing I would want would be a teenage girl to start fretting about her weight and end up with body issues.

I would prefer to see young people being educated to use condoms more and then perhaps switch to another method once in an established relationship. Chylamidia on the increase as are a whole range of other STIs. The new HPV vaccine only protects against certain strains.

You can't win, either you're being precious and overly protective or you're Kate and Gerry McCann.

As I said, I think that your reaction was natural.

Quite right. I don't want to win, it's not a competition. I just want parents of young teenage girls to be aware of what is going on behind their backs. My wife and I were not aware.

If I have opened a few parents eyes by sharing my experience, then I think I have done some good.

As for the posters who have to have their say without possesion of the facts or any kind of experience, I hope they maintain their sheltered lives and never have to deal with such issues. :)

i do think its wise for sexualy active girls to be using a combo of birth control first and formost being a condom but with the pill/injection as well as condoms arn't 100% effective and better safe than sorry,

i dont think most (not all) parents do enough in the way of sexual education either they just think its the schools job to do it all

i do think its wise for sexualy active girls to be using a combo of birth control first and formost being a condom but with the pill/injection as well as condoms arn't 100% effective and better safe than sorry,

i dont think most (not all) parents do enough in the way of sexual education either they just think its the schools job to do it all

Well, I think some parents are too embarrassed and some misguidedly think that educating their children in such matter is likely to engender promiscuous behaviour. If we didn't live in such a hypersexualised society where girls are encouraged to dress and behave as mini adults from toddler-age, are exposed to crap like Bratz and grow up with 'role models' like Jordan, then they would feel less of a need to define themselves by their sexuality and attractiveness at such a young age.

It is the idea of any form of drug that fools around with the hormones of an under developed child that alarms me.

Falpere I can fully understand your feelings on this. If I had a daughter and this happened I would be devastated. Thankfully I have boys over the age of consent and I know they use condoms. Personally I don't agree with treatment being given without parents' knowledge.

This country has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates and I don't know why.... that is a whole different discussion.

They can also cause significant weight gain, so some of my friends who've had the implant, have experienced. The last thing I would want would be a teenage girl to start fretting about her weight and end up with body issues.
Because being fat is far more serious than an STI or a pregnancy

Falpere I can fully understand your feelings on this. If I had a daughter and this happened I would be devastated. Thankfully I have boys over the age of consent and I know they use condoms. Personally I don't agree with treatment being given without parents' knowledge.

This country has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates and I don't know why.... that is a whole different discussion.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Lorri. :)

In bold.

This is a major concern, perhaps this is why these contraceptives are being pushed onto our children. If so, I can see why to a degree.

My other concern is that these types of contraception do not protect against diseases such as Aid's for example.

Because being fat is far more serious than an STI or a pregnancy

Did I bloody well say that? I qualified it by saying it could lead to body issues as teenage girls are very sensitive about their weight and body image. Read what I said properly before you draw such ridiculous conclusions.

Archived