Young teen age girls getting contraceptives without parents' knowledge

Because being fat is far more serious than an STI or a pregnancy

None of the above would occur if our children were to use condoms while feeling the need to keep up with their peer group.

None of the above would occur if our children were to use condoms while feeling the need to keep up with their peer group.

Condoms are one of the least effective forms of contraception, with 2 pregnancies resulting per 100 couples per year with perfect use (and very few people achieve perfect use).

Whilst they are the gold standard for protecting against STIs, I wouldn't like to use them as my sole form of contraception.

Condoms are one of the least effective forms of contraception, with 2 pregnancies resulting per 100 couples per year with perfect use (and very few people achieve perfect use).

Whilst they are the gold standard for protecting against STIs, I wouldn't like to use them as my sole form of contraception.

hense my opinion of combined contraception being condoms and the pill/injection

Because being fat is far more serious than an STI or a pregnancy

As flippant as your quote is, there is some validity in that. Young girls ARE very concerned with their appearance. Not surprising considering the lengths female adults go to..as well as males.

hense my opinion of combined contraception being condoms and the pill/injection

The problem with that is that it's all too easy to just dispense with the condom in the heat of the moment, knowing that there is a back up. I personally would try and encourage the use of condoms until in an established relationship, then switch to the pill/injection.

I am very wary of pumping young girls full of hormones.

Did I bloody well say that? I qualified it by saying it could lead to body issues as teenage girls are very sensitive about their weight and body image. Read what I said properly before you draw such ridiculous conclusions.

You have been a star on this thread Suffragette1, and have made me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Thank you.:)

Don't bite, let them get their cheap kicks elsewhere. ;)

I wouldn't like to thing that underage children would need any form of contraception, but that is not the case. :(

Archived