Young teen age girls getting contraceptives without parents' knowledge

As I said I would imagine as I've not had one so I don't know for certain.

Sccsux - you seem hell bent on trolling so I shall leave you to it

I HAVE had one, and there is no after-care required for it. You just leave the dressing on for a day or two, and for 3 days, you aren't allowed to get either the dressing or the wound wet.

You just leave the dressing on for a day or two, and for 3 days, you aren't allowed to get either the dressing or the wound wet.

Did you have a bruise that required further medical treatment?:hihi:

Did you have a bruise that required further medical treatment?:hihi:

I had a bruise. But nothing that needed attention. Plus the fact, before you have it done, the doctor/nurse administering it explains EVERYTHING that could go wrong with it. I am sure a 14 year old girl is capable of hearing the facts, and making her own mind up.

before you have it done, the doctor/nurse administering it explains EVERYTHING that could go wrong with it.

I would expect no less:thumbsup:.

I am sure a 14 year old girl is capable of hearing the facts, and making her own mind up.

Indeed:clap:.

Yes. Because it is condoning under age sex. Anymore silly questions?

Yeah, maybe it is but it's quite likely that in the next 2-3 years, your child will have sex.

Now it can either be with contraception, or without it...

I didn't at any point say invasive surgery!?

It is still an injection and then insertion of the device which is a medical procedure

It is a matchstick sized implant that is just pushed under the skin with a needle type thing, it leaves a little mark like an injection but because of it going under the skin the skin can bruise when it is done.

Oooooh. How horrific:o. Must need loads of after care:rolleyes:.

Sometimes my (really weeny and hair-fine) insulin injection needle leaves a bruise on my arm/ tummy/ leg. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

It's a bruise. it's nothing major, it'll heal up/ fade within a week or two.

My opinion is simple-

No contraceptives should be given to anyone under 16 without consent from a parent after this age it should be available without parental consent.

If my daughter had come home age 14 with an implant, I would have hit the ceiling!!!!

Archived