Young teen age girls getting contraceptives without parents' knowledge

It's ok, it seems that you and cyclone think that it is fine for a twelve year old girl to be having sex. I don't agree, but I don't wish to argue with your views.

and i said that where? c'mon i'm waiting show me a quote?

i said if docs could inform parents then girls wouldn't bother going as if they wanted there parents to know they would of gone to them first

NO ONE SAID 12 YEAR OLDS SHOULD BE HAVING SEX :rant:

just that if they are going to its better they have protection than not have it

i really am not surprised your daughter chose to discuss contraception with the doctor rather than you though, the manor in which you have expressed your self says it all

and i said that where? c'mon i'm waiting show me a quote?

i said if docs could inform parents then girls wouldn't bother going as if they wanted there parents to know they would of gone to them first

NO ONE SAID 12 YEAR OLDS SHOULD BE HAVING SEX :rant:

just that if they are going to its better they have protection than not have it

i really am not surprised your daughter chose to discuss contraception with the doctor rather than you though, the manor in which you have expressed your self says it all

My daughter and I have discussed this matter in a calm, sensible manner since the event. I reserve this manner for fools. ;)

I think you're underestimating your daughter. I'm a 25-year-old female and growing up, not once did I speak to my parents (especially my dad!) about any of the changes to my body, or ask advice about sexual health/contraception and I turned out fine. No STDs, no babies, no issues.

I think it very much does depend on the parents' relationship with the children, kids are ridiculously perceptive in gauging reactions - if she'd told you before getting the implant, would you have discouraged her? Or flat-out said no? Probably, and she knew it! She obviously has her reasons for not to telling you, be it embarrassment, fear, or just not wanting to share such a personal matter with you. Are you more upset that the GP didn't consult you, or that your daughter didn't? Because to me, it sounds like the latter...

This is what is wrong with this thread. People jumping in without the facts.

Perfect example!! I have allready answered this question several posts ago!

There's no hope for some people. :roll::loopy:

No, you didn't. You answered a question regarding a hypothetical situation where you would try to discourage a 12-year-old from having sex. I asked a different question. Not to mention you completely disregarded the majority of my first post. It seems that you don't want to listen to what other people have to say, because you don't want to be wrong and you want to be the best parent you can be, I get it, but you're not doing yourself or your daughter any favours.

Archived