Young teen age girls getting contraceptives without parents' knowledge

The way I see this thread, Falpere expects the world to be as he wishes it would be, whereas others are responding to the world as it is. Trying to face reality honestly is not the same thing as condoning it, which is how he's interpreted a lot of the advice here. Unfortunately, more harm overall is done by rigid idealism than honest pragmatism.

Also, the law has to cover the many instances of youngsters who don't have caring or competent parents. Some people think parents should have absolute rights, which is frightening to hear, knowing what life is like from the other side. The needs of such teenagers have to be catered for for, whether you like it or not and however conscientious you believe you are personally as a parent.

OK falpere you answered everyone else's post but chose to ignore mine, perhaps because you can't cope with humane pragmatism, as your last post proves. Rigid, idealistic thinking does nothing to help stop your fears, and neither does smearing everyone who disagrees with you by claiming they condone all lawlessness. Trying to face reality honestly is not the same thing as condoning it.

I would prefer that she is not breaking the law by having under age sex. She speaks to my wife about period pain, speaking to me me about it would be pretty pointless, as I have no experience in such matters. ;)

If my daughter were to be breaking the law, many people on here have no problem in condoning it.

In fact, falpere, your daughter would not be breaking the law, hence the terminology 'age of consent'. Technically, she is legally below the age at which she is able to consent to sexual activity (it is not just intercourse that is covered by the law), ergo, it is whomever she were to have relations with that is breaking the law.

OK falpere you answered everyone else's post but chose to ignore mine, perhaps because you can't cope with humane pragmatism, as your last post proves. Rigid, idealistic thinking does nothing to help stop your fears, and neither does smearing everyone who disagrees with you by claiming they condone all lawlessness. Trying to face reality honestly is not the same thing as condoning it.

To tell you the truth purdyamos, I pigeon holed your post with the rest of those that didn't take into consideration the emotions of a caring parent.

Therefore I did not ignore your post. If I missunderstood your post, I appologise.

If I placed you in the right pigeon hole, your post has been answered. :)

I would prefer that she is not breaking the law by having under age sex. She speaks to my wife about period pain, speaking to me me about it would be pretty pointless, as I have no experience in such matters. ;)

If my daughter were to be breaking the law, many people on here have no problem in condoning it.

If she were stealing cars or causing criminal damage, I wonder if the same people would condone these actions!?

Thinking about it, they would have to condone her actions, or they would be hypocrites.

The law is the law is it not? Obviously there is no place for emotion, as I have found by starting this thread.

Not everyone condones the fact she MAY BE (not a fact) participating in underage sexual activity. However at least we are able to see the world for what it is, and not through rose-tinted glasses as to what it SHOULD be.

In a perfect world, there wouldn't NEED to be any laws as there would be nothing bad happen.

However it is not a perfect world we live in and at least your daughter IS protected should she choose have intercourse.

In fact, falpere, your daughter would not be breaking the law, hence the terminology 'age of consent'. Technically, she is legally below the age at which she is able to consent to sexual activity (it is not just intercourse that is covered by the law), ergo, it is whomever she were to have relations with that is breaking the law.

Best that you re-think this one Twiglet! ;)

Not everyone condones the fact she MAY BE (not a fact) participating in underage sexual activity. However at least we are able to see the world for what it is, and not through rose-tinted glasses as to what it SHOULD be.

In a perfect world, there wouldn't NEED to be any laws as there would be nothing bad happen.

However it is not a perfect world we live in and at least your daughter IS protected should she choose have intercourse.

Quite right, it is not a perfect world. Made less perfect when people condone the breaking of laws, don't you think?

Sorry if this has been asked, I've had a couple of days away and missed a bit :).

Has your daughter now had the implant removed or are you allowing her to keep it?

Well done mojo1.:thumbsup:

This question has not been asked.

People have been far too busy trying to put me down for being a concerned father. They have been so wrapped up in what they have been drip fed by the powers that be, to even bother asking after the OP!

Well done mojo1.:thumbsup:

This question has not been asked.

People have been far too busy trying to put me down for being a concerned father. They have been so wrapped up in what they have been drip fed by the powers that be, to even bother asking after the OP!

It's not been answered either...:suspect::hihi:

I don't think that I've seen anyone condoning under age sex are they? I'm certainly not.

My viewpoint aligns with PT's comment that just because stealing is illegal, that doesn't stop people stealing.

Archived