Young teen age girls getting contraceptives without parents' knowledge

It would be nice to think that these experienced posters were mature enough to know the difference between right and wrong at the age of 14. ;)

Just a thought.

There is nothing wrong in taking a hormonal contraceptive to help your body through what can be a very unpleasant and painful (sometimes debilitating) process that hits you one week out of four.

There is nothing illegal about having an implant or being on the pill at the age of 14 so in what way is it wrong?

Proud that they are having underage sex!!!

Would you be as proud if they had announced their first armed robbery!!?

There is no difference you know.

Both are against the law.

Oh come on, there is a huge difference. One is totally natural and most people of the present generation have underage sex and the other is taking something which is not rightfully theirs to take, using threats of violence and death.

Time to take a step back, methinks, accept what has happened and take a more pragmatic approach. Aren't you feeling even a modicum of paternal pride at your daughter's maturity in handling herself? It's done now, you can't change it, try and see the positives. At least she will hopefully no longer have such painful painful periods and if she is having sex, won't get pregnant.

Tend to agree with Falpere, we are going down the road of if you catch em smoking drugs then make it legal, if you catch em having sex then find them contraception. Maybe we should let them drive cars at 14 'cos they can. There has to be a line drawn somewhere. I thought it was 16 'cos that was the law. Now if the law needs changing that is a different matter. For me if they come home saying their pregnant then they have broken the law, are we going to condone that? There should be mandatory abortion never mind grannie /mother/boyfriend will look after it, but then the heavens will open on me and the wrath of a certain church will descend on my head.

Forcing somebody to have an abortion is just as wrong as forcing them not to or indeed forcing them to have sex. It's a personal invasion that is unwarrented and unjustified.

There should be mandatory abortion never mind grannie /mother/boyfriend will look after it, but then the heavens will open on me and the wrath of a certain church will descend on my head.

u sick twisted fool! the millions that cant have children, the young adults that fall pregnant and turn out to be amazing parents what gives anyone the right to decide they should murder there baby maybe try loosing a child then see how you feel, and im not religious just someone who had a baby that didnt make it

oh and sex is natural its just the age of which that the question, but smoking drugs stealing etc is a whole diffrent matter as its illigal regaurdless of age

hense why i didnt ask, from what ive read plenty have asked but recieved a non responsive evasive response hense me asking if he worked in politics lol

Plenty haven't asked as you would know if you had read properly. If I were to be working in politics, I would make it my policy to uphold the law as it stands. lol that off. ;)

Tend to agree with Falpere, we are going down the road of if you catch em smoking drugs then make it legal, if you catch em having sex then find them contraception. Maybe we should let them drive cars at 14 'cos they can. There has to be a line drawn somewhere. I thought it was 16 'cos that was the law. Now if the law needs changing that is a different matter. For me if they come home saying their pregnant then they have broken the law, are we going to condone that? There should be mandatory abortion never mind grannie /mother/boyfriend will look after it, but then the heavens will open on me and the wrath of a certain church will descend on my head.

There should be no such thing! I'm not affiliated to any church, by the way.

Archived