Help, my bank has frozen my account!

I did some moving around of money this week and a hour later was rung by the fraud department from the bank checking I knew about it. They seem to very on the ball at the moment so I would not worry, they will just be making sure it is ok. If its a transfer within the same bank it will be sorted almost instantly:)

I'm assuming that it is not normal practice for £1,000 to disappear from your husband's account in one fell swoop? ...in which case, the branch probably just wants to confirm that it was a genuine transfer which he knew about.

The other most likely explanation is that it's a ****-up. They do happen.

phew..... my husband managed to sort it all out, the problem was exactly what you have suggested above, thank god for that! :)

My bank have deleted my internet banking which is incredibly inconvenient at the moment. They have done this because I notified that my husband had died, and in spite of them reassuring me that they wouldn't change anything and I would have full access until I took in a death certificate :/

I am disabled and not easily able to access the bank, so not knowing what is going in and out at the moment is very frustrating.

My bank have deleted my internet banking which is incredibly inconvenient at the moment. They have done this because I notified that my husband had died, and in spite of them reassuring me that they wouldn't change anything and I would have full access until I took in a death certificate :/

I am disabled and not easily able to access the bank, so not knowing what is going in and out at the moment is very frustrating.

Is ''armchair banking'', i.e. by telephone not an alternative ? I know that I sometimes use it when the website is down. :)

Is ''armchair banking'', i.e. by telephone not an alternative ? I know that I sometimes use it when the website is down. :)

Yes, I have managed that, after eventually finding a number with a human instead of a recorded message - they keep asking me for my 6 digit security number which I have no idea about at all, but they seem to be able to answer my questions anyway. It is not as convenient as doing it online though :(

Archived