Neil Revill aka The Miller - RIP

I'm Neil's sister (Lynda) and would like to thank all of you for your wonderful tributes to Neil.

I may be biased but my family and I loved him to bits and can assure you all that he was indeed a gentle man of whom we were very proud. We are grateful that he has been so happy with Lady T, but so sad and shocked that he is no longer with us. He was so positive all through his illness and he made us all believe he would recover. We miss him so very much.

The funeral is in Hastings but there will be a small memorial service in Sheffield in July to which you are all welcome. Arrangements will be announced later.

Thank you again.

I'm Neil's sister (Lynda) and would like to thank all of you for your wonderful tributes to Neil.

I may be biased but my family and I loved him to bits and can assure you all that he was indeed a gentle man of whom we were very proud. We are grateful that he has been so happy with Lady T, but so sad and shocked that he is no longer with us. He was so positive all through his illness and he made us all believe he would recover. We miss him so very much.

The funeral is in Hastings but there will be a small memorial service in Sheffield in July to which you are all welcome. Arrangements will be announced later.

Thank you again.

Bless you Linda. I too wanted to say how glad I was that at least he found great happiness with Lady T. The last time I saw him he was beaming with happiness.

I am also glad that you will be having a memorial service in Sheffield for him.

Love to you and all the family xxx

It suddenly hit me last night that along with Lady T, my OH and myself were the last people to sit with him over Sunday lunch.

He seemed very happy and was so apologetic that he couldn't finish all his meal. It was his choice to have fish and chips but he did struggle with it and seemed to tire as we watched.

I saw this and it just seemed to sum him up in just those couple of hours that we spent with him especially the cheery smile.

RIP Neil and our heartfelt sympathies go out to his family.

We cannot say ,and we will not say that he is dead.

With a cheery smile and a wave of the hand, he has wandered into paradise.

Until you see him again, may your strength give you wisdom and patience in this time of loss.

With deepest sympathy.

It suddenly hit me last night that along with Lady T, my OH and myself were the last people to sit with him over Sunday lunch.

He seemed very happy and was so apologetic that he couldn't finish all his meal. It was his choice to have fish and chips but he did struggle with it and seemed to tire as we watched.

I saw this and it just seemed to sum him up in just those couple of hours that we spent with him especially the cheery smile.

RIP Neil and our heartfelt sympathies go out to his family.

We cannot say ,and we will not say that he is dead.

With a cheery smile and a wave of the hand, he has wandered into paradise.

Until you see him again, may your strength give you wisdom and patience in this time of loss.

With deepest sympathy.

Bless you Joan.

Those words are lovely and as you say

They do sum up Neil to a T.

xxx

Life is mostly froth and bubble,

Two things stand like stone:

Kindness in another's trouble...

Courage in your own.

Neil was a gentle, modest man, with many remarkable qualities: he was always ready to help other people if he could, and the courage he showed in dealing with his illness was inspirational - he always believed he would get better.

But he also had a great sense of humour, and really enjoyed Life's 'froth and bubble' too.

Thankyou all for the lovely tributes you have paid to him.... he will never be forgotten.

Jen.

Archived